And If... You just stop there ?

•Chapter 11.

_________________

RICHARD'S POV :

"Daddy ! " RJ ran to me as I picked him up.

"Hey, lil' homie. Were you nice with your auntie ? " I asked him, raising an eyebrow.

I just got out from a meeting with Nike, where I sighed a new contract of sponsorship for the next three years. I was also going to have my own shoes, which were supposed to come out at the beginning of next year.

"Yes ! " He answered.

I put him down, giving him a kiss on his forehead. He then went back to where he and Dorian were playing with their racing cars.

"Hey, Do." We dapped.

"Hey, big cousin."

"Where is your mother at ? " I asked, looking for auntie Suzana, while I put the spare keys she gave me back in my pocket.

"She's upstairs, taking an important call."

"Oh, okay." I sat on the couch and watched them play as I waited for her to join us. About twenty minutes later, she was coming.

"Hey, nephew. How was the meeting ? "

"Great ! I got a good deal out of it." I responded and frowned when I saw her face, "are you okay ? " I noticed that her eyes were a bit puffy and slightly red, meaning that she'd been crying.

"Yes, yes. My allergies are acting up."

I frowned even more, "I didn't know you had allergies."

"Well, one day you don't have them and then boom, they're here. Trust me, if I could choose, I wouldn't have random allergies. But it is what it is." She shrugged.

"Okay." I wasn't really believing her, but I let it go. "Tell me, I've been trying to get in contact with Nǎinai, but she's never answering. Do you know what's going on with her ? " I questioned concerned. Before paying her a visit, I wanted to discuss this with my auntie first and see if I really had something to worry about, or not. For some reason, I was a bit scared to just go there without knowing what to expect first.

I was just hoping that the asshole did nothing to her, or else it was going to go down.

"Yes, I talked to her yesterday night. She's good. Oh ! I forgot, sorry. She had a problem with her phone and had to change her number. She told me to tell you and I totally forgot. I'm so sorry, I'm sending you her new one right now." She grabbed her phone and did just that.

"Damn, auntie. I thought something happened to her." I let out a sigh of relief, that I didn't know I was holding in.

"No, she's just fine. She's been very busy with the garden thing too. They're planning another educational vacation or whatever they call it." She made a face as to say that she found it stupid, since she couldn't get that obsession/passion her mother and her friends had for flowers. I wasn't getting it either, but to each its own. As long as my Nǎinai was happy, everything was good.

I chuckled, "if she was here, she would've cussed you out. Don't disrespect her little group, you know this is her life."

She playfully rolled her eyes, "boys, go wash your hands, it's time to eat."

They immediately stopped playing, leaving their toys where they were at and did as she said. Auntie Suzana was that aunt you knew better than not obeying. She wasn't playing.