And If... We agree on it ?

•Chapter 2.

___________

TINASHE'S POV:

It was the next day and the date with Patrick was happening. After all those years of refusal, I finally decided to compromise with my father and played myself by the same occasion. But I had to keep in mind that he promised to leave me alone after tonight. Hopefully, he'll keep his promise. But knowing how strong he wanted us to be together and how determined he was, he might've lied to me.

I really played myself.

It was my day off and I planned on doing nothing, except eating junk food and sleeping all day. I was maybe also going to watch some romantic movies since it was Valentine's Day. I also wanted to cancel this date, but I knew I'll hear my dad's mouth for years, so I kind of had to do this for my own sake. It won't kill me to make an effort anyways.

Hopefully.

After being lazy for the whole day, the evening came fast and it was already time for me to get ready. I rolled my eyes and got out of bed, then went to my bathroom. I took a shower and tried to relax, but this date was getting more and more on my nerves as the minutes were passing by. Once I was cleaned and my hair too, I got out and dried myself. I blew dry my hair and when I was done with it, I proceeded and put lotion on my body. After that, I did my hair and makeup before putting my clothes on. I could be a bit clumsy and I didn't have time to change and choose my whole outfit, all over again.

I didn't feel like being extra with my hair, so I simply straighten them and laid my baby hairs perfectly. As for my makeup, I did something cute. I did let my creativity speak on itself when I did my eyeshadow though, and it came out great. I did a brown ombre eyeshadow and placed yellow glitters to do a double cut crease in addition of the one I made with the eyeliner. I made sure to take pictures, so I could recreate it another day because I really liked it.

I then finally dressed in my green olive sleeveless knitted midi body con sweater dress and put my light brown triangle sandals knee length heels on my feet. Once I was fully clothed, I looked at myself in my full-length mirror and nodded in approbation. I felt like I was doing a bit too much for someone who didn't want to go to this date in the first place, but I really wasn't in the mood to change and choose something else to wear.

I was just hoping that he won't get the wrong idea though.

I didn't need him to think he had a chance. As I was about to add a bit of golden jewelry to my outfit like earrings, a set of rings and a watch, my phone suddenly rang. It was Brettany, my other best friend, whom I'd been friends with since the 8th grade. Stacy and I knew each other since kindergarten and were always together, but although we were friends before Brett joined our little group, we were all very close to one another. There wasn't difference between our friendships. It was us three against the world.

"Hey, love." I greeted her as I readjusted my dress.

"Hey, boo. What are you doing ? "

"No how are you ? "

"You know me, I always go straight to the point. So ? "

"You're so nosey." I couldn't help but playfully shake my head at her. She was a little mess, but I loved her nonetheless.

"Tell me something I don't know. So ? Wassup ? Do I need to beg or what ? "

I chuckled, "no. But listen, I would've loved to talk with you, but I'm leaving the house in a few minutes."