And If... We forget about it ?

•Chapter 9.

______________

TINASHE'S POV :

As I laid in my bed, I kept questioning myself over and over again, trying to make sense of the events that took place that night.

Why didn't I stop this mess before it went this far ? 

How were we supposed to co-parent after what we've done ?

Going to his house around midnight was a bad idea since the very beginning and I should've known that. Shit ! Let's not lie. I definitely knew it was a bad idea, but still went. Why though ? I couldn't really explain the reason behind my stupid reasoning. I just felt like going and I went, not really caring about the possible consequences. Now here we were and I couldn't really blame anybody else but us. 

Feeling horny can sometimes really feel like a curse.

I kept looking at the ceiling, not able to sleep. I hadn't had a good sleep for the past two nights. My mind was too busy for me to be able to relax and rest. This night in particular kept playing in my head, over and over again, not allowing me to forget this huge mistake we made.

It should have never happened.

Six years ago, I said that I was definitely done with Richard Willkingston and here I was having sex with him. And I actually liked it, which was embarrassing to admit for me. 

I didn't know what to do from now on.

We had a son to raise together, so I couldn't just completely push him ouf of my life. We had no choice but to work our issues out and act like mature adults about the situation. I was able to avoid him for the rest of the weekend, but we'll have to talk at one point. We couldn't ignore each other for the rest of our lives.

The alarm clock rang, indicating me that it was time to get up and get ready for work. "Ugh ! " I rolled my eyes, getting off the bed.

Tell me why I thought adulthood would be so much fun when I was a little girl ? I hated it more and more as the years were passing by. I wish they already came up with a machine to go back in time, so I could be a child again. It felt like I didn't enjoy it enough. On the other hand though, nobody should ever build this machine because someone will surely try to ruin humanity or do something crazy.

I did my morning hygiene routine, put my hair into an high ponytail and did my makeup, then changed in my work clothes, which consisted of a black slimming pencil skirt with a white blouse that I shoved in my skirt and some black Louboutin lady daf. I put some black earrings on, and my Michael Kors watch on my left wrist.

Before leaving my room, I put some perfume on, then grabbed my Louboutin bag, where my necessary stuff was already inside. Soon, I was out the house and on my way to Georges & Co, the third biggest law firm in North America, but had the first place in Los Angeles. I'd been working with them since my last year in college. It was a familial company and soon the son will be taking over.

Before getting there though, I stopped at Starbucks to get a cappuccino and a cookie.

It took me almost an hour and an half to get to my destination because of the busy traffic. I left earlier to avoid this, but I still got caught in it. That alone was already putting my mood down and I was irritated. With my personal problems coming back in my mind, I was definitely not here for today.

I greeted the security guards, then the receptionist and some co-workers, that I didn't really like.

The law field is so competitive, you can't really be friends with people. Everybody wants to be the best and to climb to the highest position. It's not even a joke, people are capable of the worst to win. Crazy, but you have to keep your head up and show them that you're nobody to play with. It's been this way since college, so I was used to that shit by now.