And If... You could stop talking please?

•Chapter 3.

_____________

RICHARD'S POV :

I couldn't stop laughing as my friend Lance was saying things that made nonsense. What wasn't really new with him since he'd always been the clown in my friends group. We currently were in the kitchen, cooking for lunch while the kids were playing in RJ's room.

I was glad to finally be able to spend some time with my son, even though it hadn't been that long since I last saw him. But this kid was my proud and joy, and living a day without him felt like pure torture. He was all I needed to be happy. No matter what, he was always brightening my days.

"So, what's going on with you and Tinashe ? " He asked, causing a frown to force its way on my face. What was he talking about ? And it was so random, so I was really confused right now.

"What ? " I made a grimace, "nothing is going on, why are you even asking me that ? I'm confused." I shook my head, putting the lasagna in the oven.

"Well, welcome in my club, bro ! I'm confused too. By the way you were talking about her, I thought y'all would be married by now, but you dumbass decided to break up with her."

"I cheated, man."

"You're dumb for that too. What the fuck happened ? I still can't believe it. You two were looking so good together. Y'all were meant to be a forever thing. Y'all were giving me hope." Six years later and he was still bothering me with that. Couldn't he quit ?

I sighed as I sat on the counter, next to the sink. "Bro, just give up. Tinashe and I aren't together anymore, put our story in the past, where it belongs to. Please, stop being annoying with that."

He shrugged, "okay. What is this ? " He asked, looking inside my Spongebob cookie jar that was besides the refrigerator. It was a gift that RJ got for me, with the help of his mom, for last Christmas.

"Numbers." I simply answered.

"Of females ? "

"Yes, but I never used one of them. I'm gonna throw it away anyways." I shrugged.

"What ? Wait ! Can I have some before you do that ? " He asked, pointing at it.

I chuckled, playfully shaking my head at him. "What about Daniela ? I don't think she would appreciate it, you know how she is. Show some respect to your future wife."

Lance had been a womanizer for the longest time, since he was fourteen years old to be exact, but all of this stopped when he met a sassy, bold, sophisticated business woman. He chased after her for a few months before she finally gave in and let him have her number. Weeks after their first date, Daniela was pregnant and their son was born thirty-eight weeks later. He still messed around for a few times while they were talking, but when Kavon was born, he stopped all those fuck boy's activities and decided to take their relationship more seriously.

I didn't believe it at first, but he was doing a great job so far, at least to my knowledge. Daniela was different from all the women he ever dealt with in his life, causing my best friend to fall in love with her, but he just didn't know it yet. Or was he simply in deny ? Nonetheless of the games they were playing, I knew they were going to be together at one point, what I loved to remind him.

He smacked his lips, putting back the numbers he took. "Yeah, I know. But...she's giving me none since a month now and it's driving me crazy."

"And what did you do this time ? " I raised an eyebrow, knowing how he was and how he liked to get her to act out of character. It seemed like a passion of his to get her mad.