And If... We help each other ?

•Chapter 23.

______________

TINASHE'S POV:

"Baby, what are you doing ? " I asked as I entered in RJ's room, while he was playing with his toys. He looked at me and shrugged, then continued to play with his Batman doll. Nǎinai gave it to him at his birthday.

I sighed and sat next to him, messing with his messy curly hair. Those past few weeks were a bit crazy. Nǎinai died about three weeks ago and the funeral happened two weeks ago.

It was hard for everybody to adjust, but we were holding up. I didn't know exactly how RJ was going to react once he realized what happened to his great-grandmother, but he seemed to be fine for now.

I told him that he could stay at home for a few days, but he insisted to go to school. I was happy that he was trying to keep living his life, but since he was a bit aggressive with his classmates, I decided to keep him home and we also went to see a therapist, so I could be sure that he was really doing okay.

I was worried about RJ, but I was also about Richard, who'd been M.I.A a lot lately. He wanted to be alone, so we let him have his space, but his behavior was starting to be concerning though, he was acting like a zombie. I tried to visit him and call, but he pushed me away every time, so I left him alone, not wanting to upset him more than he already was.

"Baby, how are you feeling ? "

"I'm missing her already." He confessed, looking down at his lap with a sad face.

I sighed, hugging him. "We all do."

"Yeah, but at least she's happy now. She won't be in pain anymore. Daddy told me that she's watching over us and will always protect us. So now we have a guardian angel." He said, smiling.

"That's right."

"I talk to her through my prayers and sometimes she comes in my dreams."

"Oh, really ? " I raised a brow as he looked up at me, then nodded. "And what do you do and talk about ? "

"We hang out in God's garden and talk about random things. I tell her about my day and things like that," he shrugged.

I was impressed, "wow ! Well, that's great. Tell her hi for me next time."

He nodded, "no problem."

***

Monday came fast and we were already starting a new week. Yesterday night, RJ told me that he wanted to go back to school and after a long conversation I decided to let him go back.

For those past weeks, his mood was changing a lot throughout the day; one time he was angry, the next he was crying and more, but for these last few days he did calm down and was getting back to his normal self. He felt like he needed to interact with people, so he wouldn't think too much about Nǎinai's decease, and I agreed with that. So, this morning I was driving him to school.

"You sure about that, huh ? " I asked one more time, after parking in my usual spot.

"Yes, mommy. I don't want to stay at home anymore and I missed my friends."

"Okay, but as soon as you don't feel good, tell your teacher and y'all call me."

"Got it."

"Are you not hot with this outfit though ? We're in June, baby." I asked, chuckling a bit.

He looked cute, but his outfit was more appropriate for a colder season, in my opinion. But then again, some people can wear long sleeves when it's hot outside, and they don't sweat one bit. As long as he was comfortable, it was all that mattered to me.