And If... You stop lying ?

•Chapter 12.
________________

TINASHE'S POV :

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! " I entered in my baby's room, holding a vanilla cupcake in my right hand. My big boy was turning six today and I felt so emotional about this. No lie, I had to make a big effort to not break down, and I fortunately was succeeding at holding my tears in. I didn't know for how long it was going to last though.

The night before, I kept replaying the delivery in my head, re-living every single emotions that I was feeling this day. It was tough and I thought that I was going to die while giving birth to my child, but I didn't and I was rewarded with the most precious gift I could ever had.

Seeing his lovely little face just proved how mighty and good God is. RJ really enlightened my life and every day he was making me proud to be his mother. I was beyond grateful to have my son, he was everything I needed in my life, even though I didn't know that I needed him before I got pregnant. And this fact alone will always blow my mind.

He rubbed his eyes as he slowly sat up, "good morning, mommy."

"Good morning, mommy's baby. Happy birthday ! " I sat on the bed.

"Thank you." He smiled, seeing the cupcake in my hand, that I brought closer to his mouth so he could blow the candle.

"Yes ! How does it feel to be six ? "

He shrugged as I handed him the cake, "it doesn't really change anything, but I'm six now."

I chuckled, "okay. I'm going to let you get ready. Join me downstairs when you're done."

I kissed his cheek, then left his room, going back to the kitchen to finish our breakfast. I was making his favorite: bacon, french toasts covered with Nutella and castor sugar, accompanied by a bowl of strawberries and cherries, and a glass of orange juice.

"Mommy, can I wear my new J's today ? " He yelled from the stairs.

"Yes, you can." I hollered back as I was making his plate.

A few minutes later, he was walking in the kitchen, dressed like a little prince. I couldn't deny it, my baby knew how to pull up a good outfit and he was only six, so imagine what it will be when he'll hit sixteen.

"Wow ! Look at you, my lil' prince. Showing out for your big day, do you boo ! " I hyped him up.

"Thanks, thanks, please stop." He made some dance moves and posed as I got my phone and snapped a few pictures. My baby was too cute, "hm ! It smells good here." He commented, coming towards me, his eyes focusing on his plate.

"Yeah, I made your favorite."

"You're the best mom ever ! " He jumped merrily before sitting down as I brought our plates to the table. We blessed the food before to start eating.

"Thank you for this, mommy."

"You're welcome, baby."

"I heard it's someone's birthday today." We heard a voice coming from the doorway, and to my surprise, it was Richard's. We didn't even hear him come in the house.

I instantly frowned, wondering what he was doing here since he was supposed to come back only tomorrow. Richard was away due to work and he called us two days prior to tell us that he was unfortunately not going to be there on time for RJ's birthday.

"Daddy, you're here ! "

"Of course, I'm here. Happy birthday, big boy." He walked further in, hiding something behind his back.