And If... You mind your own business ?

•Chapter 10.

_____________________

TINASHE'S POV :

"Mommy. Mommy. Mommy ! MOMMY ! "

I suddenly opened my eyes, abruptly waking up. My baby was all up in my face, totally confusing me at first, then I slightly pushed him off me and stretched. I rubbed my eyes, before to check the time, seeing that it was super early in the morning and so not the time for me to get out of bed.

I kissed my teeth, "RJ, it's six-fifty in the morning and you don't have school. It's Sunday, so go back to sleep."

"But mommy ! " He started whining, "I'm not sleepy anymore. C'mon ! It's time to wake up. I'm bored by myself."

I seriously wanted to cry, "you sure you can't go back to sleep ? "

He nodded his head, "correct. Can we make breakfast, please ? "

"Because you're hungry too ? "

He shook his head, "no, I'm starving."

"Really ? Too bad." I acted as if I didn't care and laid back down, covering my head with my pillow.

"Aw, but mommy. Mommy, please. Mommy ! " I snored loudly, continuing to be in my new role. "I'ma call dad and tell him."

"Yes, just do that." Knowing Richard, he'll be there in less than an hour and we'll have free food. "Tell him to bring us breakfast too."

"Mommy, you're terrible." I could feel him sit on me.

"I know. Take my phone, it's on the nightstand."

"Okay." Not even two minutes later, he was speaking with his father on the phone. "Yes, mommy is lazy this morning, and we're hungry." They didn't talk for too long before they hung up.

I got the pillow off my head, "what did he say ? "

"He'll be here in less than an hour."

I smiled, "cool." I turned the TV on, so he could busy himself with his cartoons while I was catching more minutes of sleep. I really needed it. This week was crazy with this case I had, but the late nights of work and early mornings were worth it since we won.

It'd been two weeks since the accident and things hadn't been too weird between Richard and I. For the sake of our son, we had to put to the side whatever issues we were having with each other and stay cordial with one another, so we could provide a stable environment for RJ, who deserved nothing else but the best of the best.

"Mommy." RJ called, causing me to open an eye.

"Yes ? "

"Can I talk to you about something ? I am bothered." He pouted a little, making me grow concerned.

I opened the second eye and gave him my entire attention. I motioned for him to come closer, "tell me everything." I told him, then yawned.

He laid next to me as I put my arm around him and he rested his head on my shoulder, "someone at school is not really nice with me."

"What happened exactly, baby ? "

"His name is Carlos. He's always making fun of me and trying to fight me. Because of him now I don't have friends anymore, except Dorian."

Dorian is the only friend you need anyways, I thought, but didn't say it out loud. Dorian was family and these two had been attached to the hips since they were a few months old. I knew his cousin will never betray him, not like all these other kids.