Chapter 6

The first person that came in was a skinny short man with ginger hair.

I quickly shook my head at Mr. Reid signaling it wasn't him.

"Can you please call the next person and then wait there?" Mr. Reid said in a dominating voice.

"Yes sir" he walked to the door and called the next person in.

"Why aren't we letting him go out?"
"Because people might ask him what we did, better safe than sorry"

I nodded and looked to the next person who came in looking at us weirdly.
"Sir?"

This is going to take a while...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"That was last of the cleaners, ten came in today and the rest are home so the next ones are the guards"

"How many are there on duty today?" I asked.

"Five, shouldn't be too difficult"
"How are we gonna know who did it?"

He looked at me and gave me a mischievous smile.

Oh boy, I don't know if should swoon or be worried.

I was again dragged out of my thoughts by Mr. Reid's smooth voice.

"I'll know when I see it"
Before I can ask what he meant by that, the door opened, and in walked a nervous and fidgety guard.

"S-Sir"
I instantly recognized the voice as the high-pitched voice that answered the last intercom call Mr. Reid made.

"So how much did Jarred pay you?"
Mr. Reid's voice boomed and dominated through the room, my eyes widened at Mr. Reid's sudden accusation.

"I needed the money! I have a family! I needed to do something somehow!" Talk about honest.

I was about to say something to Mr. Reid about not coming to conclusions but he stopped me.

"Next time you lie make sure the person you're lying to hasn't done a background check"

He paced closer to the man like a predator circling his prey, ready to pounce.

A dangerous look in his eyes.

I was waiting for him to say he'll fire him and send him to prison but he did the opposite.

"I'll pay you double the amount Jarred paid you if you come to court and admit to working for him, if not you'll be sent to prison"

"W-Won't I b-be sent either way?" He asked, more like stuttered.

"If you agree I'll prevent it" he replied simply as though helping a traitor was an everyday routine.

With Mr. Reid, you never really know though.

He realized he was given an ultimatum and would soon have hell to pay if he rejected.

"I'll help"
"You're not helping, you are merely paying off your debt"
The man gulped audibly and nodded.

"Pleasure doing business with you" Mr. Reid smirked.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After the guy left the room leaving me speechless, Mr. Reid told me to go home and pack.

By the time I reached home, it was around 2:18 PM and I haven't gotten much work done today but I still felt hungry and exhausted.