Chapter 24

I'm at the LA airport...
With Mr. Reid sorry I mean Derick.
I know I'm supposed to be mad he's forcing me to call him by his first name but for some reason, I'm more happy than pissed.

Let's rewind to 9 AM when he came to pick me up.
I hugged Kate goodbye and wished Francis a good morning and sat down in the car, pretty normal stuff.

Me being the polite person I am wished Mr. Reid a good morning in very simple words.

"Good morning Mr. Reid"
"From now until we come back from the trip it's Derick to you"
He didn't look up from his phone...
He didn't wish me a good morning...
Nope, none of the things you do when you drag someone against their will to California.

Wait, dragging someone to California isn't even normal! It's basically kidnapping!

"If you think this is kidnapping I have proof you agreed to this willingly"
"Oh yeah? What is it? Did you hire a hidden camera man to film me or something?"
"Close, I recorded it using my phone"

Wow, finishing that sentence with a smirk just proves how evil he is.

I didn't answer instead I did what any sane person would do in this situation.

Pull out my headphones and block out the world.

But no, I can't do that either, my headphones were snatched out of my hands and thrown out the window.

I raised my eyebrows and just said
"Really?"
I'm not even surprised anymore, no I'm not surprised he just threw out my $40 headphones out the window...

No I'm not mad, I'm furious.

"I'll buy you a new pair, wireless, Bluetooth, noise canceling ones, in the meantime there's an AUX cord next to you, you can open music that way"

And just when I thought 'man, this guy is nothing like the snooty rich people out there' he starts to throw money in my face! I can't count how many times he's done that!

"I bought those headphones with my own money! I worked for these things! I put effort into getting these things and I feel pride using them, do you not understand the value of that?"

"Juliana, do you know what that fiasco you caused yesterday cost? It cost me a big amount of profit of about sixteen million dollars a year, that's the money I use to pay you, my employees, my taxes, my insurances and my f*cking gardener so never argue about knowing the value of working for something with me, do you understand?"

If I was just some random person I would have sh*t my pants, that is the tone he had never used with me...
That dark, brooding tone he uses when he's really mad, I must have seriously pushed his buttons to do that to him...

The guilt is back.

"I'm sorry"
He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.
"Please don't make me mad so early in the morning, I'm in no mood for a headache during a seven hour trip"

I grabbed the AUX cord from beside me and connected it to my phone.

"What do you want to listen to?"
"Something relaxing? I don't know"
"Something relaxing it is"
I played one of my many favorite songs and that's There's Nothing Holding Me Back by Shawn Mendes.

"You just turned into every typical girl out there"
"No, I just know good music, who's your favorite singer?"
"James Arthur"
"Ooh good one, mines always been Selena Gomez, for some reason I just love her music"
(A/N my fav is Lana Del Rey 😍)

"My turn, favorite band?"
"Coldplay"
"We almost have the same taste, Imagine Dragons"
"You look like that kind of guy"
"Do I?"
"Yeah you've got that soft rugged look to you and a hint of charming"
"Just a hint-"
"Shush stop talking this is my favorite part!"