Chapter 35

"Juliana Downs, will you be my girlfriend?"

I blushed, whatever my answer is, it will determine everything that happens after this.

I know he wants me, but am I willing to fully commit to him?

The answer is yes...
He really is something else...

I nodded my head shyly.
"Yes Derick Reid, I think I can consider it"

"As proud as ever, huh?"
He grinned and pulled me into a hug.
"Oh, I won't be dropping my pride anytime soon baby" I chuckled, hugging him back.

"You made my night Juliana"
"You made mine as well Derick"

He just looked at me.
"You're beautiful, do you know I've wanted to tell you that since we've met?"

I looked down again shaking my head slightly.
"I look okay I guess" I chuckled, probably blushing really hard.

"No, you're anything but okay, you're amazing"

"So are you" I whispered.

That's how the evening went, a few kisses here and there, laughing, dancing, singing.

It was the perfect end to the perfect evening.

Little did I know the next morning would be anything BUT perfect...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We were sitting next to each other in the car the next morning, I was looking out the window, angry with the silence that's surrounding us.

New York here we come.
I thought bitterly.

"Are we going back to 'Mr. Reid' and 'Ms. Downs'?" I asked looking at him.

When we woke up today, I was already in the kitchen making breakfast when he walked up and gave me a kiss on the head.

But now for whatever reason he hasn't even said a word to me.

Talk about hot and cold.

"That's up to you Julie, you're the one that said you don't mix personal life with professional"

Isn't he sassy?!

"I'm sorry I don't like acting like a whore who came to mess around with her boss" I replied venomously.

Rule número uno; you do not pair two big mouthed people together, no matter how attracted they are to one another.

"You were the one who agreed to 'mess around' with their boss last night though"
"Because you were the one who sent the invite! And me being the polite person I am, did not decline!"

"So now you're dating me because you're, quote on quote; nice?"

número dos; you do not put a too honest person with a man whose ego is the size of the skyscraper he works in.

"Yes and no, I was for one attracted to you and two was taking the opportunity to date a sexy-ass person and three, I think we can both agree you will be utterly embarrassed, so don't take my act of kindness for granted"

"Oh you shouldn't be worried doll, I've got my hands full with women lining up to hook up with me, so I don't think you should be worried, now please explain to me the reason you decided to date this sexy-ass person"

And out of all of the excuses in the world, my stupid brain comes up with this sh*t. (A/N That's what self love looks like everyone 🙏)

"I was drunk"

That's when he finally looked at me and lost it.

He kept laughing out the words 'you were drunk!' over and over again, now that's what I call embarrassing! (A/N Ditto)