Chapter 31

"Are you okay? Derick asked, looking at me, concerned.
"I'm fine" I whispered.

"Okay then, Good night"
"Good night"

I closed the door to the room and quickly grabbed a pillow and started screaming into it.

What was that?!

I laid on my stomach and recalled what happened today...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Derick went around asking if there were any nearby mechanics, while I went to the hotel to ask if there are any available suites with two bedrooms.

They told me there was only one available, because apparently there was already only two suites two begin with.

The suite had two bedrooms and an adjoining living room and one bathroom.

I don't think it could've been more perfect so I quickly agreed because I couldn't risk someone else taking it.

Then again this isn't some big fancy place anyway, it's amazing how there is already a suite taken.

Before leaving I told them I'd be back with the money and they agreed.

I walked outside and saw Derick walking towards me.

"Were you able to book a room?"
"I was, two bedrooms actually" I smiled.
"Good, but I actually would've liked sharing a room with you" he smirked.

"Yeah no, were you able to find a mechanic?" I asked quickly dodging his attempt to flirt.

"I was, but the bastard kept asking for money and in the end I refused" he scowled, forgetting the fact I turned him down quickly.

"Did you ask him to fix the car in a day?" I asked bluntly.
He stayed quiet.

"Really Derick?!  Of course he'd ask for more money! The only thing you needed to do was be nice, was that so hard?!"
"I was nice!"
"If that's what you call nice, what do you call a demand?!"
"Why don't you try reasoning with him then!"
"I will! Lead the way!"

He gave me a sinister smile and started walking, I followed hoping he won't murder me.

What? That smile was the smile of a psychopath!

I walked into a mostly empty warehouse with a bunch of tools and old takeaway boxes just scattered around.

I knocked on the metal door and called out hello.

"How can I help you Miss-"
The man stopped and his face turned into a scowl.

"Oh it's you! That pig headed idiot that just walked in here and decided to throw around orders! I see you brought your wife to try and reason with me! That's not how things are done around here! If you're going to act like you rule the world, I don't think you would've minded paying!"

Derick opened his mouth probably to shout out profanities, but I don't think this would help our situation so I quickly intervened.

"Sir, I have to apologize for my superior's actions, it's become a habit, but I really want to go back home and from what I can tell I can't get a cab anywhere" I said calmly, adding a small pout at the end.

"I'm sorry but I can't help you! Or not this asshole!"

I scrunched my brows in frustration, I was in the midst of fighting an inner battle with myself to not attack Derick right this second, but I noticed something very interesting.