Chapter 29

Issac's P.O.V

(A/N It's the first point of view change of the story yay 🎉)

They really left me huh?
Well, I hope my sacrifice was worth it.
Please make a move Ricky!
Otherwise I'm doing all this for nothing!

I'd rather you punch me in the face than you being alone forever.

My genius plan was to bring the jealous beast out of my best friend and to be honest, that in itself was a gamble, I could've been killed before anything even happened!

Luring him into a low sense of security back at the house was a good call.

He recognized me as no threat and let me get close to Julie and I made him feel insecure with my very outgoing personality, as he's not really the talkative and 'fun' type, I'm sure seeing the woman he likes getting overly friendly with a guy will make him think he's losing.

And I know for a fact...

Derick hates losing.

As I was still deep in my thoughts I hadn't noticed a slope in front of me and the the next thing I know I topple over and fall all the way down.

I tried to get up but felt a horrible pain in ankle I looked at it and it was not only bruised but it seems I scratched it somehow causing it to bleed.

I reached into my pocket to call the others, at first I felt nothing but I still continued to dig deeper in the pocket, and still, nothing.

Okay, it's time to panic, I started patting my body hoping I just put it somewhere else but it still wasn't there.

God? Is this your way of punishing me for not listening to Julie when she told me to make sure I had everything?

Because if it is...
I'm sorry!

I heard footsteps behind me and I quickly turned around to call whoever it is over.

Please let it not be a serial killer!

"Hey! I need some help!"
"Excuse me? sir? Are you okay?" A voice asked.

Juliana's P.O.V

We retraced our steps and even passed where we were, but unfortunately, Issac was nowhere to be seen.

We finally reached a checkpoint, hoping Issac was waiting for us there.
And of course he wasn't there either.

"Derick, I'm starting to panic"
"Why? He's a grown man, he'll be fine, he may be irresponsible sometimes but he can be very mature in serious situations"

He's right, I need to put a little faith in Issac, he's okay and he's taking care of himself.

I felt my stomach growl and I remembered I'm hungry.
"Are you hungry?" I asked pretending to be considerate.
"I am and so are you"

Damn, so perceptive.

"There's a picnic table over there but if I eat I know for a fact I'll feel extremely guilty leaving Issac out"
"I won't, he brought this upon himself" Derick said nonchalantly.

"What do you think happened to him?"
"He probably just got lost"
"Put just a little bit of emotion in those words, do you think something happened to him?"
"Probably, I've never seen such a clumsy man, putting Issac aside, I'm starving"

I chuckled at his indifference, I may be uncaring sometimes but if something happened to Kate, I would actually freak out.

I started unpacking our lunch boxes and setting things up, I saw the extra paper plate that was meant for Issac and was again hit with a pang of guilt.