Chapter 36

The month went by in a breeze, it felt like California never even happened.

I had met Natalie and I can confirm she is too good for my brother, she was not only beautiful but so polite.

She had dark hair with hazel eyes that looked almost green, way to compliment my brothers eyes, am I right?
(A/N give me a break! I ran out of eye colors!)

We also ended up convincing our mom that Natalie was a sweet girl and the thing that really sold her was 'she makes him happy' hearing that, she finally caved.

I've never thought of my mom as a bad mom, I mean who would? She's just more strict than others and made me grow up in the tight environment she grew up in.

Now let's get to the topic I'm dredging to talk about...
Derick.
He's been so out of it ever since we came back.

The only thing that proves the 'date' really happened was that every morning when I get his coffee, he would give me a kiss on the forehead.

We don't talk about anything other than work and once I tried to give him a peck on the lips, to my disappointment I was rejected.

I can't tell you how embarrassed and frustrated I was that day, I didn't attempt it again.

At the moment I was going over previous emails, trying to keep my eyes open, which wad proving difficult because not only was it extremely boring but in addition my insensitive best friend kept me up with one of her new obsessions.

The guitar.

It's official! We own a guitar now, I'm not going to attempt to even learn how to play it on my own.

Work and a particular someone is occupying all the space in my mind at the moment.

I was brought out of my daze by the sweet smell of coffee.

Mmm coffee...

Wait, why do I smell coffee?! I looked up to see a familiar face who I hadn't seen in a very long time.

Sienna Corrigan.
She looks as beautiful as the first time I met her.
I remembered I was still sitting down and quickly got up.

"Mrs. Corrigan! What a pleasant surprise! Mr. Reid didn't tell me to expect your visit"

"No it's my fault for pulling an unexpected visit, coffee? You look like you really need one" She smiled warmly and I saw that her other hand was holding something and I looked down to see it's not something but someone.

It's little Cassie Corrigan.

"Hello little Miss Corrigan, how are you today?"

Did I mention I'm not good with kids? I don't know if you could tell with my character and all but I'm not really a fan of kids.

I wouldn't go all the way and say I despise them but I mildly dislike them.

One word to describe kids; annoying.

"Come on Cass, answer Ms. Downs, she's a little shy"

The little girl looked at me, she had silky shoulder length brown hair and the signature blue eyes.

She looks like Derick.

She gave me a simple wave before going back to hiding behind her mom.

"It's Julie And I'm sorry I still hadn't taken the coffee out of your hands, you can go right in by the way, he's not busy and I think it'll do him good to see the both of you" I smiled gesturing towards the door.

Saying thank you, she knocked once before walking right in.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Derick's P.O.V