Chapter 30

Juliana's P.O.V

I was making my way back to Issac's room to ask Derick for his car keys, because all I'm asking for is some peace and quiet, which is difficult considering I'm hanging out with two idiotic bozos.

I can already hear Derick say 'Don't shove me into the same category as him!'

I tried to hold in the laugh since that is most likely going to happen.

I reached the elevator and the doors opened on their own, to my amazement Derick rushed out and grabbed me by the shoulders looking frantic and panting.

"Julie, are you okay?!"
"I can ask the same, but I'm not so could you mind giving me the car keys?"
"How about we eat first?"
"I'm not hungry, can you just give me the keys?"

What in the world is wrong with him?

"Can you stop being so stubborn? If I'm hungry then so are you"
"What kind analogy is that?" I asked scrunching up my face.

That sounds so wrong!

"Have you looked in the mirror? You look paler than normal and your random dizziness is from low blood pressure!"

I furrowed my brows in confusion but when I saw the look of concern on his face I knew it wasn't the time to be difficult.

"Look, if I eat will you feel better?"
"Immensely"
"Aren't you being brutally honest" I chuckled.

"Then Mr. Worry, let's go eat something, give me the car keys" I continued remembering our poor untouched lunch.

"Still planning to run away I see" he raised a brow tauntingly.
"I would never!" I gasped in shock.
"Then what are you planning to do Ms. Sarcasm?"
"I was planning on getting my delicious home cooked lunch up to Mr. Annoying back in his room" I said playing along.

"You're still going to let Issac taste that lunch?"
"I mean if you want to gain some extra pounds, be my guest, we'll keep it a secret that you're actually a glutton" I smirked.

He rolled his eyes and gave me the keys.
"Go ahead, or would you like me to accompany you?"
"No thanks I'm good, I'd rather you go keep an eye on Issac, just in case the hospital room won't be open for visitors anymore, if you get what I mean"
"Yeah I totally get what you mean, now that I think about it, that nurse was pretty hot..."

I raised a brow.
"What?" He furrowed his brows trying not to laugh.
"Nothing But now I understand why you two are friends"

I took the keys to the car out of his hands I and went outside.

I pressed the unlock button to spot the car but when I noticed that he had parked so far away I groaned.

"I actually might faint from this heat!" I said to myself earning a weird glance from a passerby.

I cleared my throat in awkwardness and decided to just keep my mouth shut for the rest of the way.

As I neared the car I saw that the lights in the car were on and I immediately panicked running towards it.

I quickly hopped into the drivers seat and inserted the keys into the engine, when I couldn't turn it on, my first thought was;