Katrina And Victor

Katrina And Victor

"Kate? Where're you going?" Julie asks, looking at me concerned.
"Don't mind me, just need a bit of fresh air, why don't you go and have a nice long chat with that fiancé of yours" I smirk.

I'm happy for her, marrying the man she loves, a good man.
Personally I wouldn't like people proposing at my wedding but it was really cool of both Natalie and Peter to suggest this, I'm pretty sure Derick would've rather died than do what he just did but then again when both your brother in-law and mother in-law are breathing down your neck, anyone would just get it over with.

I don't get why they waited so long anyway? Like I get it, you've both been hurt and all but hey at least you can lick each other's wounds.

I chuckled under my breath.

"No wonder I can't keep a man for longer than eight months" I sighed.

"Kate?" A familiar voice calls.

I whirl around to be met with an extremely handsome man leaning against the doorway.
Sorry I meant asshole.

"Leave me alone, Vick"
"I'm not going anywhere, not until you listen to me"
"Sorry, I don't listen to assholes that disappear after a month of dating and then come back and say 'oh hey wanna talk like I didn't leave you hanging?' because that's really not how it works"

"I have a really good reason"
I just stared at him, the guts of this man.

"Better be because I'm just going to give you the courtesy of hearing you out, I don't believe in second chances Vick"

"I needed time to think about 'us' about how to deal with you, that came out wrong," he sighed and scratched his neck, then looked me in the eyes.

"What I mean to say is that I don't want you to think you're my second choice, I didn't want you to feel insecure, I needed to make up my mind if I'm with you because of Julie or with you because you're Kate,"

"And what conclusion did you come to?"
I'm so selfish, my heart was pounding, like the b*tch I am all I wanted was for him to pick me.

"I want to date you, because you're Katrina, you're smart, sexy and sassy the three S-es I didn't know I needed in my life, I love your cooking, I can't get over how much I like you, even when I was out with Julie and whenever she mentioned you somehow your name and your personality stuck, I really did want to meet you Katrina, I knew Derek was going to propose today, the guy was more nervous than the groom, I think you were too busy being mad at him to notice," he chuckled and walked closer to me and grabbed my hands.

"You know how Derek swept Julie off her feet and kidnapped her to California? I'm gonna do that but a bit more romantic and less threatening" he smiled.

"How do you know he threatened her?" I challenged.
"Come on, who're we talking about here?" I nod my head in agreement.
"Alright so what are you going to do Mr. I'm-better than-Derick-Reid?"
"I'm going to sweep you off your feet and take you to the most romantic place on earth"
"Paris?" I sighed.
"I was thinking more on the lines of Italy but if Paris is what you want, Paris is what you're going to get"
"You really do you know the way to my heart Victor Norton, and how are you so sure I'm not after your tons and tons of money Mr. Norton?" I smirk, looking up at him.

"Because I trust Julie and her judgement"
"She's getting married to Derek Reid, I don't know how much you can trust her"
He tilted his head up in understanding.
"Good point but he's not that bad-"
"Let's just be honest, Derek is a piece of sh*t, I mean he did propose in the cockiest way possible not to mention at another person's wedding, I don't know what to think about Derek, she's too good for him"
I know that's not the situation but I wouldn't miss an opportunity to curse Derick.

"I think everyone can agree Julie is too good for Derek, but you know in any situation they balance each other out and they can agree on more than you think"

"Is that really the situation? Because it feels more like a beauty and the beast situation to me, I can't wait till he gets her pregnant so he can learn what Julie deals with every day"
"You mean his mood swings? I'm pretty sure she's gotten so used to it, she's developing her own," he laughed, then got serious again.
"Hey Kate, do you ever think about getting married?" I looked at him and sighed.
"Marriage is a bit far away in my future, I'm a bit of a noncommittal person, I have a hard time thinking of 'oh I want this person for the rest of my life' and I haven't had the best relationships over the years either to maybe feel that way, I have a way of attracting assholes" I smiled, making him smile.

I love his smile.

"What if I tell you I can give you a relationship you will never regret, would you trust me? Or do you still not believe in second chances"
"My morals hate you because you have such a good reason for not letting our relationship get further and my gut trusts you because you're the sweetest guy I've met, and I always trust my gut"

"Really? I wonder what kinds of guys you've been dating until now to think I'm the sweetest?"

"Let me think, usually they're athletes, pretty handsome, they drive around really good cars"

"Athletes and sports cars, and here you are in the arms of a book nerd, and the geek who grew up as an outcast somehow went through a really good glow up as an adult, money makes you rich, right?" We chuckled.
"Well, maybe a change is nice, I can get to know what a geek is like and maybe I'll take one on a date"

"Oh don't worry, you'll stop dating right after me because you'll be too heartbroken to and also because you're going to be too occupied to ever think about dating ever again" he said sternly before leaning in and giving me a small peck on the lips.

That small kiss escalated and slowly turned passionate, we kissed before his 'break' but it was nothing like this, it felt so different, so good.

"I'm crazy about you Katrina" he sighed, still holding onto my face.
"You look so beautiful, I couldn't help getting jealous of all the stares you were getting, damn me if I ever let another man look at you" he said in between kisses.
"I'll kill you if you start to get anymore possessive, just keep on kissing me"
"How about we continue this someplace else?"
"I like that idea, oh and Vick?"
"What?"
"I think I'm crazy about you too"

You know Julie you might not have bad taste after all.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hey it's May!

Kate and Vic are back by popular demand!
I got so many comments saying they like Kate, they like Vick and how they wanted more of their story, so here it is!

I had fun writing and personally I didn't like the ending but that's for you to decide if you like it or not.

I'm having a hard time letting go of this book and focusing on my new one, keep an eye out for the announcement, because I'm so excited to publish it this October.

So yes thank you everyone for reading and as always I hope you Vote on that ⭐️ , Comment on that 💬 and share with your close buds.
Love ya 😘❤️✌️