Chapter 16

The next day was uneventful.

I woke up at around 8 AM and started getting ready to go out.

Out where you ask?

I went to clean up the venue! Because my guilty conscience can't handle leaving it to the staff! Hooray!

Curse you conscience!

When I got there everyone asked me what I was doing here and were surprised to know I came to help them out.

They started saying things like it's not necessary and how they're just doing their job but I ignored it.

An hour later everything was packed in a box and the place looked bland and spotless, just the way it was before I decorated it.

That's depressing...

Anyway I thanked everyone one more time for all their hard work and spent the day lazing on the couch watching TV and working off the weeks exhaustion by doing...

Nothing!

Now let's skip to the very eventful present in which there will be a whirlwind of emotions going through not only mine but also my family's mind.

I'm standing in front of the mirror seeing if I looked okay.

I was wearing a little bit more than the usual since I'm going to the city outskirts and it's a little bit more chilly where my mom lives.

She's never been the type to live in a big city like New York, she grew up in a small town back in Spain.

Which I only visited once, and that was when my grandmother wanted a family gathering.

Because as I said before I am Hispanic so half of my family lives in Spain while the other half live in America but I did spend eleven years of my life in Spain and thirteen in America.

I was pulled out of zoned out mode by my phone.

I looked to see it was a text from Leo.

Hey sis, I'm outside your apartment, come out.

I didn't need to answer because he'll know I got the message the second I walked out.

But apparently not because a second later he sent me a message.

Are you there? Julie did you forget we were going to visit mom?

I sighed and practically ran out the door and outside.

"You know there is something called patience?" I said out of breath when I got in the car.

"Sorry I have no idea what this word means, care to tell me?"
"It means you're an ass, now get on the road!"

"I'm a businessman, patience is not in my dictionary"
"That is probably the dumbest thing I've heard all day" he laughed and slowly his expression changed to a serious but worried one.

"By the way, are you sure it's okay to go this early in the morning? Isn't she only expecting you for lunch?"

"I always go this early, besides it's only 10 AM and it's a half an hour long drive, I go early to help mamá out with lunch"