Chapter 8

Three hours of never-ending work and I'm finally able to leave! Hallelujah!

For the past three hours both me and Mr. Reid were trying to catch up on yesterday's unfinished work and during those three hours, I got a call from Kate, which wasn't the most pleasant of conversations I've had in my life...

Flashback

I got a call when I was facing a few papers and answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"
"You idiot! where the hell have you been?! I was worried sick, I come home and see no note, no text, nothing! I call after waiting for about an hour and still nothing! do you have any idea how angry and scared I was?!"

"Honey...I'm sorry..."
"Hmph"

I knew she turned her head to the side, something she does when she's so mad she won't take sorry for an answer.

"Kate, I'm sorry, it's not like I abandoned you to go on some kind of vacation I left to work..."

"Ugh, fine I forgive only because you said you'll take me on vacation"

I didn't say that but okay...
Kate also has this habit of hearing what she wants.

"By the way, Mr. Handsome boss man is there so do me a favor and make a move"

My eyes widened and I was left in a state of shock.
"What the hell Kate! He's my boss!"

"If that's what you say! Bye babe! Call me if anything juicy happens!"
And with that, she hung up before I can even say anything.

Sigh...

End of flashback

I walked to Mr. Reid's office to make sure there's nothing left for me to do so I can leave.

I lightly knocked on the door and heard a 'come in' I walked in and Mr. Reid was looking at a piece of paper like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"Sir, I'm done with all the tasks you asked for, if there's nothing left for me to do I'll go back to the hotel"

"May I remind you, Ms. Downs, I am the only one with the passcode to my penthouse and I'll be taking you to dinner tonight so since you're done we can both leave at the same time" he said as he got up and started packing his things.

"Dinner?"
"Yes, I wanted to treat the both of us for a nice evening"
"Yes, thank you, sir"

We left the office and back into his car, there wasn't much traffic so we didn't have to sit in awkward silence like last time.

Reaching the penthouse Mr. Reid turned to me signifying he had something to say to me.

"Ms. Downs dress formally for tonight"
"On a scale of one to ten how formal?"
"Six" and with that, he walked into his room.

I did the same and quickly slipped into the shower not even glancing at my bedroom.

Letting the warm water soak my body, I closed my eyes at the relaxation that my tense muscles felt and my brother's face popped into my head.