Chapter 11

Court...
Is not the most friendly place I've been to.

Me and Mr. Reid really did arrive half an hour earlier and poor
Mr. Cross was five minutes late and had to hear an earful from Mr. Reid.

We are now sitting in the front row, me next to Mr. Reid and
Mr. Cross, Jarred hadn't arrived yet and his lawyer was starting to get nervous and is feeling immensely intimidated by Mr. Reid's glares.

A few minutes later the doors open to revel a 'fashionably late' Jarred.

"Pardon me for my late arrival gentleman and lady" he said looking at me with a seemingly flirtatious smile.

I gave him a disgusted look and continued to focus on the papers of evidence I've put in order.

After awhile the judge finally entered the courtroom and everyone stood and the judge sat on his podium signaling everyone to take their seats.

"I'd like to call up this court meeting in order to discuss Derick Reid's accusation towards Jarred Grant"

Mr. Cross got up and put on a serious face, ready to defend
Mr. Reid until Jarred is proven guilty.

"Your honer my client is only stating that Mr. Grant needs to be put to justice, this not the first time he's cheated one of his business partners, now let me call in my first witness, Mr. Sanchez if you'll please"

From the corner of my eye I noticed Jarred gulp with a worried look on his face, I inwardly smirked at how he isn't able to hide his emotions, unlike Mr. Reid.

By the time I looked back at the seat next to the judge Leo took his seat.

"Mr. Sanchez, would you like to explain your first encounter with Mr. Grant?"

"Yes I was still new to the business and was approached you Mr. Grant, he convinced me to work with him and I was cheated out of my profit by him denying the fact he ever agreed on working with me"

"And How do we know your not lying? Not to mention what does this have anything to do with Mr. Reid's case?" Jarred's arrogant yet still nervous lawyer said.

"Mr. Grant cheated my client by not denying the fact that he worked with him but accusing him of being a cheater!" Mr. Cross retorted, he's scary when he's serious.

The judge raised an eyebrow telling us to continue.

"I'd like to call on my second witness, Greg Daryl"

The lying traitor security guard took his seat next to the judges podium.

"Mr. Daryl, do you admit to the fact that you were working for Reid Enterprises whilst signing a contract with Mr. Grant?"

"Yes" Greg said looking down.
"Do you have proof of this accusation towards Mr. Grant?"
"Yes, right here" Mr. Cross passed the piece of paper containing the contract between Greg and Jarred.

"That is your signature is it not Mr. Grant?"
The judge said looking sternly at Jarred.

Jarred's eyes went wide as realization of the fact he's now cornered with no way out hit him.

"Yes... I'm guilty of my crime"
He finally admits.

Murmurs went around the room and the ended as soon as it started, the courtroom was silent.

"Well then, Jarred Grant you're guilty of not only one crime but two"

That was the judges last words as Mr. Grant was taken away.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"That went pretty good"

Mr. Cross said in a totally different manner compared to how he was about an hour ago.
"Definitely" I agreed.