Change

"Hey, it's okay," Rowoon said as he looked into Chanhee's teary face with a reassuring smile. 

"Are you sure?" Chanhee asked, his voice shakey. 

"Yes," Rowoon said as he rustled the small boy's hair. "Come on, let's go."

Chanhee just nodded as Rowoon grabbed his hand and lead him down the hall. Rowoon looked back to see Sanha's confused face, he didn't know why, but he had a bad feeling about that kid.

-

"Rowoon! Where have you been?" a boy questioned from a table in the back of the cafeteria. 

Rowoon smiled and waved while Chanhee hid slightly behind him. Rowoon guided Chanhee to the table where three other boys sat. 

"Who's this?" another boy asked with a head tilt.

"This is Chanhee," Rowoon answered.

"A first year?" One of the boys questioned with a confused look.

"He's a family friend," Rowoon said with a smile.

Chanhee felt nervous around these older people. He was okay with Rowoon, but not everyone else.

"He's cute," the boy who called Rowoon over said.

"Hey don't call him cute Taeyang, he doesn't like that," Rowoon said as he sent a glance towards the boy with a smirk.

"Well I'm Taeyang," he said to Chanhee with a smile. "This is Juho."

Chanhee looked at one of the boys who wasn't smiling at all. He was a little scared of Juho but wasn't he a little scared of everybody. 

"And that's Sanghyuk," Taeyang said pointing to the boy who was now stuffing his face with food.

"Hi," Chanhee said softly as he looked down.

"Hey Rowoon, what are you doing after school today?" Juho asked taking a bite out of his carrot.

"I'm hanging out with Chani," Rowoon said as he put his arm around the boy making him blush.

"But we wanted you to come to get noodles with us," Taeyang whined.

"I'm sorry," Rowoon said simply.

Juho continuously stared at Chanhee with a confused look. Chanhee could feel sweat building on his palms from nervousness. He started to feel his leg shake under the table as he felt Juho continue to stare.

Rowoon looked over to Chanhee, his smile dropping and his head tilting. He tapped Chanhee's shoulder lightly.

"Are you okay?" Rowoon asked his hand on Chanhee's knee.

Chanhee's leg stopped shaking instantly. He let out a sigh as he looked over at Rowoon.

"Yes," Chanhee answered.

Rowoon smiled at the boy before turning his attention back to his friends. Chanhee just sat there and listened to their conversations, but whenever he started to get shaky, Rowoon would hold his hand until he calmed down.

-

Chanhee walked into his house and threw his backpack to the floor.

"Chanhee," Rowoon called with frustration.

The small boy stomped upstairs and the sound of his bedroom door slamming filled Rowoon's ears.

Rowoon sighed as he dragged himself to the couch, plopping down onto it. He leaned his head back as he remembered what Chanhee had just said to him.