Not?

Chanhee heard the faint noise of talking downstairs. He listened carefully for the front door to open and close, that was his cue to go down.

He quietly made his way down the stairs, seeing his mother in the kitchen. He let out a sigh and walked up to her.

"Mom? Can I ask you something?" Chanhee said a bit uneasy.

"Sure, what is it?" his mother questioned.

"What's wrong with Rowoon's mom?" Chanhee asked with a head tilt.

His mother let out a sigh and looked down with sorrow.

"His mother has a brain tumor, she's been getting worse," his mother said. "She needs surgery or she might die. "

"Why hasn't she gotten it yet?" Chanhee asked.

"Because they don't have the money," his mother said sadly.

Chanhee just looked down with sorrow. He didn't want Rowoon to be upset.

-

"Hey Chani," Rowoon said with a smile as he saw Chanhee come towards him. It was the end of school and it was normal for Chanhee to go with Rowoon, that's just how it was every day.

"Let's go," Chanhee said unamused by Rowoon's presence, but truth was, he liked it.

"I got you something else," Rowoon said causing Chanhee to suddenly show interest.

"What?" Chanhee questioned.

"It's a" Rowoon started with a smile. "Book!"

Chanhee just rolled his eyes and started walking faster away from Rowoon.

"Hey, wait," Rowoon said, catching up fairly quickly. "Please, will you just try to read it."

Chanhee glanced up at Rowoon and let out a sigh.

"Maybe," he answered, not really wanting to say no to the tall boy, he really liked him.

Rowoon smiled and grabbed Chanhee's hand in his own. Chanhee's face flushed and his heart stopped, he couldn't help but feel warmth in his heart but it was soon gone once Chanhee let go.

-

Chanhee let out a sigh as he came upstairs, entered his room and collapsed on his bed. His heart was pounding and his face felt hot. He didn't understand why he always felt this way around Rowoon. It didn't make sense to him. Chanhee slowly got back up and kneeled down on the ground, reaching under his bed to grab a small wooden box. He opened it, revealing all the money he's saved up.

'I want to give this to Rowoon so badly so that maybe then he won't have to worry about his mom and then he can spend more time with me,' Chanhee thought to himself. 'Then he'll know I actually do care.'

Chanhee let out a deep breath and went to the door of his room. He opened it slowly and went towards the stairs, making his way down to see Rowoon laying on the couch with his eyes closed.

"Hyung," Chanhee said rather softly.

Rowoon opened his eyes and locked them with Chanhee's.

"Oh, I thought you were doing homework," Rowoon said as he sat up.

"Here," Chanhee said as he held out the box.

Rowoon looked at Chanhee with confusion and took the box.

"I-it's for your mother," Chanhee said nervously.

Rowoon looked up at Chanhee with furrowed eyebrows. He looked back at the box and opened it, shocked by its content.