Part 2

4 years later.

I managed to create a clone to stay at the house with my mother while I sneaked out to the Hokage's building. I'm 10 years old and people like me are already preparing themselves to enter at the Ninja Academy.

Boruto is 12 years old and he's already a genin. Thanks to that, he's out of the house everyday, completing missions and training with the rest of team 7. I want to be like him, to wear his headband and go on missions to protect the village. But there's a big problem.

Dad doesn't let me become a ninja.

I ran to the Hokage's building to see my father. As I entered I saw many ninjas working with some papers, scrolls and other weird and exciting things.. I kept on walking until I reached the door that lead to dad's office.

Suddenly I remembered all the times I told mom and dad that I wanted to be a ninja. They always gave me the same lame answer no matter how much I insisted. But eitherway I wasn't gonna give up that easily.

I knocked on the door and waited quietly until he said "Come in.."

"Dad?" I asked while walking hesitantly to the room that was filled with papers. He glanced at me quickly and continued his job but then he suddenly stopped.

"Himawari?! What are you doing here dattebayo'? Does mom knows you're.." he asked.

"Dad can I ask you something, please?"

Dad looked at me confused before sighing and closing his laptop. "What is it Hima?"

"You see, soon it will be my 11th birthday and I was wondering if you..." I hesitated while lowering my head, "as a gift, could allow me to study at the Ninja Academy"

"Himawari.." Dad said in a tired tone as if he knew what was I going to ask for. "You can't go to the Ninja Academy. You have your training at the Hyuga compound"

"But it's always at the afternoons!" I blurted out. "And onii-chan studied there and now he's a genin ninja! He's always on missions and traning!"

"You know why you can't be a ninja. We've talked about this"

"No dad we haven't! All you do is tell me being a ninja is dangerous, or that I have to train with aunt Hanabi. It's been years and I still don't know why I'm not allowed to even go to the park alone!"

"Enough!" Dad yelled in a way that made me stay in shock. "You're not allowed to go to the Academy and that is final!"

His blue eyes stared at mines in a cruel way. I felt the same pain in my chest I've been feeling all these years. My eyes got teary as I lowered my head. My body was still trembling out of frustration but I managed to keep it calm.

Dad saw me and sighed in frustration and sat at his chair. "Go home Hima. We'll talk about this later"

I knew he wasn't gonna talk about it because he didn't had the time. So before he could say anything else I left the room.

Weeks passed and the Chūnnin Exams were on it's way. It was my birthday and everything was cool. Boruto helped us bring all the food once he finished his mission.

When we got home we found dad. It really impressed us all since he never really is at home. That could only mean one thing for me. Was he going to finally let me attend the Academy?

It was dinner time and Boruto and mom were singing me happy birthday while dad was walking towards me with the cake. I was happy he was here and also anxious to know if he'll finally change of opinion.

But then he puffed away.

And the cake fell on the floor.

Boruto suddenly got up from the table and ran to his room. Mom tried to calm him down and explain him how important dad's work was but he didn't listened. Meanwhile, I still looked at the cake, trying to hold my tears.

"Why?" I mumbled.

I did understood why being a Hokage was so important. But what really broke me was that my last hopes for him to come home and tell me that I could be a ninja were gone. I felt mom's arms hugging me tightly for a while.

"Let's go to bed Hima"

But I didn't wanna go. Actually I barely slept that night.

Weeks later I was with mom watching how my brother and his friends battled eachother in the final round of the Chūnnin Exam. I was really excited and cheering for him as he fought against Shikadai.

After a while, and seeing how Boruto made hundreds of shadow clones, Shikadai Nara finally gave up.

"YES!" I cheered while mom approached my dad with worry. Once I saw dad aproaching my brother I knew that something was wrong.

Really wrong.

I heard the announcement Lee-san made of the reason why Boruto is being disqualified. I turned around to see my mom who looked at how they argued.

"Mom? What onii-chan did was really that wrong?"

She didn't responded because suddenly the whole ground trembled and everyone started running and screaming. I saw Sakura-san destroy the whole ceiling and then rushing with Temari-san to help the injured people. I barely could understand everything because my mother was dragging me out of there in a rush but suddenly I felt the need of doing something to help.

And I let go of mom's hand.

"Himawari?!?" I heard mom's desperate voice as I ran away to try to help some people. I located some kids who were lost and crying in desperation and ran up to them.

"We need to go, NOW!" I said as I signaled the exit. The kids nodded and did what I said. I continued doing the same for a while with everyone I saw but suddenly the ground cracked and before I saw myself falling, someone got me and dragged me out.

"You should be with you mother, Himawari. Hinata's desperate looking for you!" said Konohamaru while taking me to her.

"B-But I-"

"Himawari!! Why did you left like that?!?! Didn't you saw that it's dangerous!?!"

"I just wanted to help!"

"This is not the time to act like a child, now stay here and don't leave my side unless I said so!"

I stood silent and kept on watching the destroyed stadium. I knew dad and Boruto were still there fighting. Maybe Sarada and uncle Sasuke are there too... I clenched my fists out of frustration.. I want to be strong, I want to be useful like them so I could protect the village and everyone I care about.

Is that much to ask for?

Then, out of nowhere, I felt mom leaving my side and running towards the stadium before everything went blank.