Part 9

It's been 3 weeks since we had that fight. 3 weeks since she left.

Naruto looked through the window and stared at the now urbanized Hidden Leaf Village. The place where he grew up, necame a ninja, made friends, fell in love, became a hero, a father and a Hokage.

Naruto let out a sigh, being a Hokage was a tough job. Specially when they're at war.

"Oi, Hokage-sama" said Shikamaru while entering the office with another pile of paperwork. "You have more work to do"

"Any news from her?" he said while Shikamaru watched at his poor friend.

"They're still looking for her. It's a surprise they still hasn't brought her back. Unless she's been captured or killed by-" then he stopped once he felt the Uzumaki's glare.

The Nara sighed, "What a drag. Look I'm only stating the truth, it doesn't mean that she's truly capruted or dead. It's a possibility"

"A very high possibility -ttebayo" replied Naruto. "I should've had listened to her"

"You should've told her the truth. I hate to tell you this but what Sakura said is right. You knew her potential...anyway, we have a meeting tomorrow morning so the sooner you finish the paperwork the better" he said while leaving the Seventh Hokage alone.

Naruto stood alone in his office staring at all the paperwork he had to do. But he didn't payed attention to it, he only cared about one thing.

'Where are you Hima-chan'

He remembered the night he sent all his ninja to look for her. He was desperate to find his little sunflower.

Flashback.

He walked from one side of the office to another, not caring of all the noises he heared.

Then, a pink haired woman entered the office. "Naruto!"

"S-Sakura-" then he got his head punched.

"Baka, how could you let this happen?! Now everything is a mess!"

"Sakura-chan let me explain!" he yelled in pain.

Then she sighed, "Let me guess, you got into a fight with Himawari because she wanted to help in the war."

Naruto blinked, "H-How did you-"

"She told me about the fights she had about joining the Academy, so I figured it out" she said. "Naruto, Himawari has a great potential, why didn't you let her?"

"Because she's a prodigy! You know what usually happens with ninjas who are prodigies..."

Sakura knew what he meant. He was afraid of Himawari becoming a rogue ninja and getting obsessed with power.

"I saw her eyes when she was six. Her type of chakra...it's just like him" he said. Sakura knew very well what he meant and who he was referring to.

"Naruto, you have a special chakra too. Also you had a big potential when  we were kids...still do by the way" she said. "And despite people's opinions, and the villager's fear, they let you become a ninja. They took the risk, and look where you are"

Her teammate took a big breath before continuing, "Now you better do what's right or else I'll kill you baka!"

End of Flashback.

Naruto shrugged at the memory. He knew Himawari had a good potential, but she hasn't been trained as a formal shinobi. And what's worse, if that boy finds her and take her to the enemy...

Everything will be lost.

'Time's running, Naruto. You better call that Uchiha brat'

'It's too soon, Kurama. We haven't localized Toneri and he also hasn't made a move'

'So? You know it's for the best. Besides, the boy already met Himawari'

'He did? Shit he found her! Wait, how do you know?'

'Dude she has some of my chakra aswell for Boruto.'

'Wait, if she has your chakra then you know where she is! Kurama that's awesome!'

'Yeah, but I won't tell you where she is'

'What?!? Why not dattebayo'!?!'

'1. Because you have to learn your lesson. 2. I wanna check something first and 3. There's something you should know'

'Alright...what is it?'

'The boy didn't took her away because he didn't recognized her'

'....what? Come'on but it's Himawari!'

'I know, but she managed to get away freely, plus she learned to sense your ANBU's chakra from 20 km away. She's a good liar though'

'Wow...she's a genius!!'

'And now you notice...brat'

Naruto sighed. Things were getting way more complicated.

"Guess I need to tell Sasuke about this" he said.