Part 34

This was too much. Not only Toneri gets my eyes, he also learned to control them very well, manages to attack all the Hidden Villages at the same time and takes Kawaki away from us completely.

"I know this is a lot to take in Hima" dad said in a serious tone. "But I promise you we'll end this war soon dattebayo.."

"Dad, stop with the promises please." I replied while sighing. "Whats gonna happen with me now?"

"For now, you just have to listen Sakura's recomendations and rest." my mother said.

Apparently she was defending the village with aunt Hanabi and the rest of her friends while I was kidnapped, but the enemy was too strong. Even dad couldn't handle it very well when he went there to rescue her.

"B-But.."

"No buts Himawari" aunt Hanabi interrupted. "You just woke up from a coma. Your chakra levels are low but stable."

"We'll take care of the rest dattebasa!" Boruto said in his usual cheery voice.

'And here we are, back to the beginning were I couldn't do anything on my own..'

"Come on, Hima don't make that face.." dad said while caressing my hair. "Just believe in us dattebayo!"

I nodded before they left.

Once they were outside, Naruto's expressions turned really dark as he walked through the hallway.

"You want me to take a look on her dattebasa?" Boruto asked.

"She's not gonna stay still so at least, take care of her" he replied.

"I thkught you weren't gonna let her fight anymore" Hanabi added while Boruto left. "What's up with the change of mind?"

"She proved me wrong, and I won't crush her dreams ever again." he said while entering the communication's office where Shikamaru was working along with Ino and many other ninjas from all the villages.

"So, how's she Naruto, Hinata?" Ino asked while approaching them with a pile of scrolls.

"She just woke up. She's resting but she's fine" Hinata said.

"That's good to hear! Sai's also recuperating well. Soon he'll be joining the team."

Ino handed Naruto a scroll. "Anyway, here's the report about Konoha's status. I must say, it's a miracle many people survived.."

"The devastation was horrible. It reminded me of when Akatauki attacked us during the last war" Naruto said while opening the scroll. "This will take a while for us to reconstruct the village."

"You can leave that to us" Hanabi said. "Your main focus should be on stopping that lunatic bastard!"

"Hanabi!" Hinata warned.

"Hey, it's the truth!" she said while moving her arms. "Besides, what are we gonna do now to stop him?"

"Leave that to me dattebayo" Naruto said while closing the scroll. Hinata sensed the aura of her hsuband and grabbed his arm.

"Naruto-kun.." she said while taking him to a lonely spot. "Please tell me you're not planning on killing him.."

"What choice do I have Hinata? He almost killed Himawari and also destroyed the village dattebayo."

"If you kill him what about Himawari's eyes? You have to make sure the eyes don't get hurt or she'll remain blind forever" she added before taking a big breath. "Also, you're not used to solve things by killing people. That's not the Naruto-kun I know."

"Hinata, I'll find the way. He has to pay. Toneri's not just a simple enemy. He did this out of revenge for what we did to him years ago. We forgave him back then and look what he has done!"

Hinata stared with worry at her husband. As a mother, she knew how Naruto felt. It was something he could not forget that easily. Toneri almost killed her daughter out of revenge. Because she didn't marry him in the past.

"I'm sorry Naruto-kun..this is my fault" she said while lowering her head.

Naruto hugged his wife. "It's not your fault. You never loved him. And if there's someone to blame it is me. I never told the truth to Himawari, I knew how capable she was back then and still, I didn't let her be herself."

Hinata felt how tight Naruto was hugging her. "Please Hinata, I need your support. Let me handle this, let me give that bastard what he deserves.."

Hinata closed her eyes. "I've always been by your side Naruto-kun. That will never change. I just hope you'll find the right way to end this war."

"Thank you Hinata"

"Uh...it's too troublesome to interrup this, but I have news from Toneri" Shikamaru said while seeing Naruto and Hinata suddenly break the hug. Hinata blushed so hard, she almost fainted.

"Hinata!" Naruto said while catching her.

"Some things never change huh?" Shikamaru said. "Anyway, here's the news. Toneri's about to create a new base at the Hidden Leaf. His men are under Kawaki's command."

"Then we should go there dattebayo! I won't let him create his base in my village!!"

"Good, because Sasuke's already preparing everyone for the attack. I leave him to you."

"The heck?!?!?"