Part 23

My eyes burned like hell as I gained consciousness. I found myself lying in a improvised bed with some bandages all over my stomach. The burning sensation I felt in my eyes was so bad I shut them again to supress the pain.

'That hurts..'

But suddenly, someone bursted into the room. I recognized the familiar chakra as I opened my eyes.

"B-Boruto, what happened?" I asked while finding my way to sit up and look straight to him. But he was in shock, as if he had just saw a ghost.

I saw him clench his fist as he turned his head away from me. I quickly recognized that look. It was a look of shame, and deception.

'Hold it. Something's wrong'

I started trembling as my hands looked for a small mirror. Once I saw my reflection I gasped. Not only the make up I used to hid my cheek marks was gone.

Also my eyes had developed the Tenseigan.

"I-I...I can explain!" I blurted out as Katsuro suddenly entered the room and gasped in shock.

"It's..It's true.." he said as Boruto turned around and left the room. I sensed Katsuro approach me and grab me by my arm but I ignored him.

"B-Boruto!" I yelled as he left.

Meanwhile, Boruto walked through everyone and went outside the house. He was followed by almost everyone who noticed his sudden change of attitude.

"Boruto what's wrong?" Mitsuki asked in worry while seeing my brother's face. Everyone was confused except Sumire and Sarada who stood still with their heads lowered.

Katsuro was pulling me hard from my arm. I was struggling to get free but he was way stronger and besides, my injuries weren't helping.

"Katsuro wait!" I tried to say.

"I knew there was something wrong with you!" he said with a cold voice as he stared at me with rage, caughting everyone's attention.

Suddenly he used his other arm to take in a rude way my ponytail. "Ungrateful traitor!"

Everyone gasped. Chocho dropped her potato chips. Katsuro suddenly throwed me away. As I fell on the floor I gained some strenght to talk back to him.

"My name is Himawari Uzumaki!" I yelled before turning to my brother's back. "I did it because I wanted to help!"

"High treason!" Katsuro yelled in a cold voice.

"I didn't mean to go this far!"

"Many people died for you! You're an unauthorized shinobi of Konoha! You knew you couldn't fight!" Katsuro interrupted me, but I ignored him.

"Why Hima? Why you did this to us?" Boruto said in a sad tone.

"Boruto I didn't know that it was all for me! It was the only way to find out! Please, believe me!"

"Hima-chan you shouldn't had come" Shikadai said while lowering his head.

"But I wanted to! Everyone knew I wanted to be a ninja. You all knew how important this was to me!"

"You lied to us! You made us waste time at the camp. The enemy attacked us by surprise because of you!" Ayame said while pointing at me.

"Eitther way" Mitsuki said. "The crime  it's done. What should we do now?"

"The Five Nation's Law can't be ignored" Katsuro said.

"Hmp, I can't believe I'm putting my life at risk for such a liar" Ayame added while crossing her arms.

"Hey, that liar is the point of this war" Iwabe said.

"But she commited a big crime. I mean, she disobeyed the Hokage's orders" Inojin added.

"Also, she left the village without permission" Chocho said.

"Is a lot to take in" Kyo said.

"It's your choice Boruto. Wjat are you gonna do?" Metal Lee asked with concern.

Everyone focused on my brother's actions. Sarada came close to him and placed an arm on his shoulder. Boruto turned to look at her, then glanced at me. Katsuro went to him with his arms crossed after giving me a dead glare.

I saw my brother take a deep breat before suddenly taking a sword from my bag the Sumire was holding beffore approaching me with a cold look.

Everyone gasped while I looked at my brother in shock.

'He's...he's...'

"Wait!! There must be another way!" Takeo suddenly said while trying to stop my brother but Mitsuki stopped him.

"It's....done" Mitsuki said with shame.

Suddenly I saw how Shikadai, Chocho, Iwabe, Inojin and Hisoka tried to approach my brother but Katsuro stopped them.

"You know the law" he warned with a glare.

"I-I don't...I thought" Shikadai said in shock.

"Boruto..." Inojin managed to murmur. Chocho gave Sarada a 'Are you gonna do something?' look but the Uchiha heiress lowered her head.

"I can't believe it!" Iwabe said while putting his hands on his head.

"What a waste" Ayame said before turning her head away from me. Kyo and Hisoka looked at me with sorry while comforting Takeo.

I sensed my brother stopping in front of me with my sword. I looked at him for a while.

'Are you...really?'

But his look never changed. Instead, he raised the sword to make his final move. I lowered my head and shut my eyes.

'This is it'

Then I felt the sound of my sword, swinging through the air to cut my head.