Part 21

It was a long afternoon for the remaining survivors of the Hidden Grass Camp. Sarada and Katsuro managed to find an old house in the deep forest where they could spend the night.

Sumire was taking care of Hana in a small room while everyone waited outside. Everyone was tense, they were having a hard time processing what they had just lived.

Boruto was impatient. He walked from one side of the house to another anxiously. He was desperate to know about Mitarashi's state.

"Boruto could you stop moving? You're driving me insane" Iwabe complained, breaking the silence.

"I can't! What if She doesn't make it? We've lost many comrades and-"

"We already know Boruto" Katsuro interrupted. "But Sumire's a good medical ninja, she healed Takeo and many others in no time."

"You don't understand! If we lose her-"

"No Boruto we don't understand. Come on, spit it. What's the deal you have with her?" Sarada stepped in, caughting the young Uzumaki off guard.

"S-Sarada.."

"Say it Boruto. Why is Hana Mitarashi so important to you?"

"This is getting interesting" Chocho murmured while eating a new potato chips package.

"I know.." Inojin added while stepping close to her. Chocho passed some of her chips to him.

"Ah, the power of youth!!" Metal Lee said, trying his best to hide the excitement.

Shikadai sighed, "Seriously, this is too troublesome.."

"This isn't gonna end well" sighed Mitsuki.

"She's just a precious comrade Sarada." Boruto replied with determination.

"Precious, you say?" The Uchiha raised an eyebrow. "How come someone who has interacted with you less than a day can be so precious to you?"

"Is it wrong to have a little talk to someone else?"

"No, but you act really strange whenever you're near her."

"And how do you think I should act, your majesty?!" Boruto raised his voice in annoyance. "This is ridiculous dattebasa! You can't tell me what to do!"

"Oi, stop it guys!" Kyo said trying to break the fight.

"I can and I will! I am your team member and I know you very well Boruto!" Sarada replied.

"Hey! Hold on!" Iwabe said.

"That doesn't mean anything!" Boruto snapped. "I care for Hana the same way I care for everyone else!"

"Don't lie Boruto! I know you ever since I can remember and the way you usually act around her is the same way you act when you flirt with all the girls!"

"So that's what is all about?! Sarada you've gone too far. I don't see Hana like the other girls. She's different, she's special to me. Maybe I do like her, maybe I don't. But who cares? I'm gonna settle that with her after the war is over!"

There was a dead silence in the house. Sarada stared at Boruto, processing everything he said. Chocho and Inojin ate the chips with such excitement they almost chocked. But suddenly, a long purple haired girl walked in with a worried face.

She leaned close to Katsuro's ear. Katsuro's eyes widened in shock. "Are you sure?"

Sumire nodded while Sarada and Boruto turned to face her.

"What's wrong?" Sarada asked. Sumire looked at Boruto with sadness,  she had heard everything they talked about while she healed Hana.

Once she leaned to Boruto's ear and told him everything he suddenly rushed to the room, leaving everyone confused.

Katsuro was about to follow him but Sarada stopped him.

"What is it?" she asked seriously but Katsuro gave her a cold look. The Uchiha gasped as she suddenly realized what he meant, and slowly let the grey haired boy go.