Part 12

I fell on the ground, tired from training. I knew a shinobi's training was hard, but this is insane! We've been completing our punishment from the last fight for almost 1 month. 

But I can't give up now. I mean, they already know I'm not as strong as they thought, but I can't allow them to keep treating me like trash.

"Hey, Mitarashi! Get your ass up here and complete your training!" yelled our superior in an annoyed tone as I tried to stand up. But my arms and legs betrayed me.

"Looks like the little brat's about to give up" said Ayame while drinking some water. "I knew she wasn't a prodigy at all!"

"Hmm I have my doubts" added Kyo while flavouring her lollipop.

"You always have your doubts Kyo!"

"Hey, I'm from the Mist too, and what's strange for me is that I haven't seen her anywere. I mean, I really doubt the Mizukage knows about her"

Ayame rolled her eyes before staring at me. By that time, I already stood up and tried to complete the last part of  our training.

'Come on, Hima. Keep moving!'

But as I tried to take a step, my legs betrayed me again and I fell again. Takeo and Hisoka rushed to help me get up as our superior looked at me with disapproval.

"For a prodigy, you're such an useless brat. You couldn't complete today's task and your training history's super low"

"I-I'm sorry" I mumbled. "I promise I'll-"

"Sorry? Did you just said you're sorry?!?!" he yelled with rage.

"I-"

"Let me tell you something. What if right now, you're in the middle of a battlefield, some of your comrades are dead, others deadly injured, you're almost out of chakra and the enemy is right in front of you ready to kill you? What would you do? Would you tell them you're sorry?!?"

I lowered my head and stood silent, biting my lip. My eyes were starting to  burn.

'Not today Byakugan'

"Would you say I'm sorry!?!"

I shut my eyes.

"Don't make me repeat myself again young lady! Youre in the middle of battlefield Hana Mitarashi, now tell me WHAT WOULD YOU DO!?!?!

"I WON'T SAY SORRY 'CAUSE I'LL FIGHT TO THE END! I WONT GIVE UP SIR!!"

"Then act like it! Honestly if it weren't for you being good at medical jutsu you'll already be on your way back to the Hidden Mist!"

Then the superior took a big breath before leaving "Dismissed!"

Then everything returned to normal.

"Hana-chan what happened? You're better than this" Takeo said while his dark eyes looked at me with concern.

"You should go to and check yourself" added Hisoka while trying to help me get up. "You're drained!"

"No, it's okay" I said while doing my best to hide my sobbing. "I just have to-"

"Well, well, well that was a quite scene!" said Ayame while clapping. I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want?" I said uninterested.

"From you? To leave" she smirked. "Honestly admit it, this war is way out of your league"

"And what if I don't want to?" I said coldly.

"Let me handle this" Kyo interrupted Ayame who was about to talk back. "Look kid, I don't know you but this isn't a child's play. This is war. You're dealing with experienced ninjas, from the Five Nations"

"I am very aware of that, thanks" I replied.

"It doesn't look like it. For a prodigy like you this type of training should be  a piece of cake" she said while I lowered my head. "Look, you're a good fighter, but not enough. So don't waste our time here and go home before you get yourself killed."

"Hey Kyo don't be so hard on her" said Takeo while scratching his head.

"I'm not being hard, I'm just telling the truth" Kyo said while leaving with Ayame.

"Don't listen to them Hana" Hisoka said in a comforting tone. "Huh? Hey, where are you going?"

"Leave her be" said Katsuro from behind them. "She needs time to think"

"But-" Takeo insisted.

"I'll be okay guys" I said while walking. "I'll meet you at dinner"