Part 24

"Usuratonkachi!!" yelled Sasuke while smacking Naruto's head, waking him up from his desk.

"Teme! What the hell was that for dattebayo?!?!" Naruto replied in annoyance. The Uchiha handed him a scroll with the latest news from the war.

"Small villages have been attacked by Toneri's men" Sasuke said while sitting on a chair. "The recent event is an avalanche near the borders of Suna and the Hidden Grass Village."

"That's near Boruto's camp. I wonder how they're doing dattebayo.." Naruto sighed.

"I was about to ask you that. You don't have any news from them?"

"Not since the first attack. They were supposed to join us. They should've been here by now.."

Sasuke stood silent, starig at his friend. The war was getting difficult to manage.

"You said they should be here by now.." he said, caughting Naruto off guard. "What if they got ambushed on that mountain?"

Suddenly, Naruto felt a deep punch in his chest. He placed his hand on the pained area and took big breaths.

"Dobe..?" Sasuke asked confused.

'Kurama, what is it?'

'This is bad Naruto. Really, really bad'

'Kurama tell me. What is it? Is about Boruto?! Himawari?! Hinata!? Did something happened to the village?!?'

'You won't like it brat'

Naruto sighed, 'Just spit it will ya'? I'm getting tired of all these games dattebayo'

'Fine, I'll say it but I don't wanna hear your complain.'

'Kurama..'

'Boruto found Himawari'

'Really?!?! How? Where?! Is she okay datteba-'

'Hold it! I'm not done brat! The Hidden Grass Camp fought against the enemy at the mountain. Honestly, I'm surprised they got out alive'

'And Hima? Please Kurama, tell me that she's okay'

'I'm not so sure about that. Boruto found that she infiltrated the camp to fight'

'She WHAT!?!? What the hell is she thinking dattebayo!?'

Kurama rolled his eyes, 'She's your daughter, what do you expect?'

"Dobe!" Sasuke smacked him. "Snap out of it what the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Ah, Teme!! I was talking with Kurama dattebayo!" Naruto snapped angrily.

"Whatever, you have visit" he said while Naruto's attitude suddenly changed. A shinobi from the Sand Village entered the room.

"Hokage-sama" he said. "The shinobis from the Hidden Grass Camp had just arrived."

"Arrived?! How?!" Naruto said while blinking.

"Norio Katsuro and Uchiha Sarada guided them here through a shortcut. Ubfortunately, their commander died durig battle" he said.

"How many survived?" Sasuke interrupted.

"14 survived." he said.

"Where are they dattebayo?"

"At the Village's Hospital. The Kazekage sent them to be treated by Sakura-sama."

"Thanks, dismissed" Naruto said with a bit of relief. Once the sand ninja left, Sasuke turned to him.

"Naruto only 14 survived." he said. "We're losing more troops than expected."

"I know" he replied while scratching his head. "Himawari's acts created a whole mess."

"What do you mean?"

Naruto sighed, "I'll tell you at the hospital."

Meanwhile, Sakura Uchiha was relieved that Konoha teams were safe.  She kept on concentrating on healing some of Metal Lee's injuries.

"There, now you just need to rest" she said while Metal Lee nodded.

"Sakura-san, where's my father?" Inojin asked with a hint of hope.

"He's in a delicate state. He barely survived the enemy's attack along with Denki"

"Wait Denki's fine too?" Iwabe asked in shock.

"He survived?!" Sumire added. "Thank Kami!!"

"And we all thank Kami that you're alive too dattebayo" Naruto said while  joining the conversation along with Sasuke.

"Hokage-sama" Kyo said in shock.

"Papa.." Sarada said in relief.

"That's right. That battle you faced on the mountain was really dangerous" Sasuke added. "But we have some topics to discuss."

"We have nothing do discuss dad. I already solved the situation dattebasa" Boruto cutted in while everyone lowered their heads.

"Situation?" Sakura asked while healing Mitsuki.

"You already know old man" Boruto said.

"I want to hear your version of it" he crossed his arms. "Is it true that you found your sister?"

"I knew it! I knew he could read minds" Iwabe murmured to Sumire.

"Shh! He might hear you" Sumire replied.

"He has the Nine Tails, duh" Kyo added while rolling her eyes.

"So, no one will say something about it?" Sasuke asked while activating his Mangekyo Sharingan. Sarada suddenly started talking once she knew what he was gonna do.

"She entered the camp as a Hidden Mist Ninja" she said. "She wasn't that good at training but she never gave up. She even helped us with her Hyuga ninjutsu and medical jutsu during emergencies.."

"She was the one who caused the avalanche during our last battle. Of course it all started because of a mistake from her" Mitsuki added. "But she basically saved our lives."

Sumire lowered her head, "We saw her fight against Momoshinki. He managed to cut her stomach from one side to another before the avalanche. It was all so fast! She almost died while saving Sarada and Boruto-kun."

She continued, "We found a small house in the forest and stayed there. I needed time to heal her. Then I found out and-.."

There was a dead silence in the room. Sumire bited her lip while the other's didn't looked to the Hokage's eyes. Naruto was anxious.

"And?!? What happened dattebayo?!?"

"I tried to follow the Five Nation's Law dattebasa." Boruto said while the original team 7 gasped in horror. "But I couldn't so I ordered her to go back home.."

"A-And...You did WHAT!?!?!? BORUTO!! SHE IS YOUR SISTER!" Sakura said while trying to process everything.

"I did what it was best for her dattebasa! She's not meant to live this kind of life! She doesn't know anything about this world!"

"So, instead of bringing her here to us you decided to abandon her..." Sasuke turned to Sarada. "And you allowed this?"

"I-I didn't knew...what to do" Sarada replied in a sad tone. Sasuke sighed in deception.

Naruto moved his hands out of frustration. "You know Boruto, Himawari may have done wrong but...but what you did is against everything a shinobi stands for!"

"But what about the law huh? You all created it!" Boruto replied.

"And it only applies IF that person is a daouble agent! Himawari's not a double agent. SHE'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS WAR!!! You could've brought her here but no! You abandoned your INJURED sister. You left her alone who knows where. Oh, and guess what? The enemy can capture her at any moment!"

Boruto lowered his head, realizing what he had just done to his beloved sister. Naruto sighed in frustration and turned around.

"Sasuke, call the other Kages for a meeting" he said while leaving.