Part 40

A huge blast was heard. Everyone tried to look for the spot where it came from in vain.

"Ah, the task has been completed" smirked Kawaki while fighting Boruto. "It seems that you've lost!"

Boruto stared at him in anger before a huge blast of wind send everyone away. Suddenly, a huge portal opened up, bringing a pair of tornadoes out of nowhere.

"Everyone take cover!!" Konohamaru yelled. The remaining ninjas were still struggling to find a way to stay safe.

"What's that?!?!?" Sarada said in shock. She couldn't believe what her eyes were seeing.

"Sarada! Get down!" Sasuke said while grabbing her daughter's arm and pulling her close to him. "The genjutsu's broken!"

"What?! You mean-"

"Himawari and Naruto managed to break free from Toneri" he said while his daughter nodded.

The huge tornadoes kept on going, destroying everything in it's way. Boruto and Kawaki stood  behind a rock waiting for everything to pass. Boruto tried to reach Kawaki's arm for support but he gasped at how he looked like.

He was screaming in pain in such a way he couldn't describe. He kept on scratching his head and punching his face, as if he were trying to punish himself.

"Get out!! GET OUT!!!!" he yelled with each fist. Boruto watched him stand up while fighting, only to then be taken away by the huge wind.

"KAWAKI!!" Boruto said while standing up and barely managing to take his arm.

"What are you doing?" Kawaki asked in surprise.

"I'm not gonna let you go! I promise her to bring you back" he replied. Kawaki stared at the young Uzumaki before tearing up. Soon, Boruto felt his body shaken.

"I-...I'm sorry" he said between tears.

"No, no, no! You won't do it bastard! Don't you even dare to think about it dattebasa"

"It must be done. Take it as a way to redeem myself" he said while starting to let go of Boruto's hand.

"NO! I promised Himawari to bring you back! Dammit, just do it for her! This....this is crazy!!" he said while Kawaki just gave him a serene smile.

"You fulfilled your promise. I am no longer under Toneri's control" he said. "Your sister finished the war, she made it... Tell her that I will always love her, please"

And with that Boruto saw how Kawaki was taken away by the huge tornado, straight to the portal.

"Kawaki!!!!!!" Boruto yelled in despair.