Part 25

"My eyes, all of this because of my eyes" I said while crying in the middle of the forest, where my brother and his friends left me.

I remembered how I stood there, expectig the final hit my brother was gonna do tl end my life. But it didn't came. Instead, he throwed the sword in front of me.

Flashback

'This is your last chance, for saving us all back there' Boruto said while giving me a cold look. 'Go back home, and never return'

Then he turned around and started walking. 'Move out dattebasa!'

'Boruto!' Sarada tried to stop him. 'Boruto you can't just-'

'I said, move out' he replied in a warning tone that made the Uchiha heiress froze. She sure has never seen him like this.

I stared at the road he took with all of his friends, leaving me alone in the deep forest.

'I'm sorry, nii-san'

End of Flashback

I kept on crying for the past hours. I felt useless, weak, like a burden to everyone...including my brother.

Then I heard someone approach me slowly. I didn't dared to look up, I didn't had the mood.

'Oh just kill me now please..'

"Hana Mitarashi..." said a male voice I recognized very well. I looked up to him in shock. Kawaki gasped as he stared at my eyes with curiosity.

"What?" I asked.

"Your eyes..." he murmured.

"I know... it's the cause of everything right?" I said while turning my head away. "Look I know you're the enemy, you can take me to them if you want."

He closed his eyes and sighed, "....I...can't.."

'What?!?'

"Look" he continued, "I just can't give you to them...to him... the mere thought of it.."

"Please don't pity me, Kawaki. What I did is horrible, even my brother's mad at me and-"

"You did what it's right." he cut me off. "You followed your dreams, no matter the consequences. You saved your comrades lives even though you didn't had a proper ninja carreer.."

By that time my eyes stopped burning.   I lowered my head and played with my fingers. "I...just wanted freedom.. I wanted to prove everyone what I'm capable of..."

Then I looked at the sky, "I wanted my father to see me as someone else. Not as a weak, useless girl... as someone who carried the true meaning of the Will of Fire.."

Kawaki stared at me as I looked at the sky with teary eyes. Then I lowered my head to stared at the reflection of the small mirror I had.

"But I was wrong, I am nothing!" I said while throwing away the mirror.

Kawaki's eyes frowned as he took the mirror. "You talk thay way because it's dirty" he said while cleaning the mirror. "I'll clean it for you, look...look how pretty you are.."

'Nice try, Kawaki. But you know what I said is the truth..'

He sighed, "Fine, the truth is that we're failures as shinobis. I was supposed to take you to my master but I ended up falling in love with you.."

I blinked, "You fell in love with Hana Mitarashi, not with Himawari Uzumaki.."

"No, I fell in live with the freed version of Himawari Uzumaki." he stated seriously while caressing my hair. "What I feel for you is real, so I'm not gonna take you to Toneri, even it that costs my life!"

I blushed. He really loves me! For me! My heart is beating like a thousand miles per hour. "I..I don't know what to say...Kawaki...you could die because of me and-"

"Then I'll die happy" he said while kissing me deeply, erasing all my doubts and fears. I kissed him back.

"Well, well, well..." a cold voice said, making Kawaki broke the kiss in surprise before giving the man a death glare. "Good job, my son."

"Toneri.." Kawaki growled while starig at the tall, white man who appeared from the forest. I looked at him in shock.

'...Toneri Otsusuki...'

"Finally, I have the key to win this war" he said while some of his men appeared. "Now give her to me.."

"I won't. She's not of your property" Kawaki said while standing in front of me. Toneri sighed.

"Humans, always letting their feelings get in the way" he said while motioning some of his men to separate us. In a matter of seconds, we  were fighting against them. But they were too many.

"Himawari!" Kawaki said while fighting and trying to run to protect me from one man who was about to put me under a strange jutsu.

Suddenly, I felt someone hit my stomach. It was painful, considering that I had a previous injury.

"Ahh!" I managed to yell before my body went numb. Then I lost consciousness.

"Himawari!" Kawaki yelled before getting punched against a tree.

"I'll come for you later, my son" Toneri said while floating away. "I have some business to finish"

"No!" Kawaki said while trying to get up. "Damm it! Himawari!!! Himawari!!!"

He took big breaths, "Think Kawaki think!" then he gasped, "Suna! That's it!"

Then he found himself jumping from tree to tree, to Sunagakure.

"Hold on Himawari" he said. "I'll take you out of this. It's a promise.."