Part 4

3 years passed. My brother managed to bring dad home afther that incident. They were badly injured but safe. After that, Boruto was resigned in the list of gennin ninjas despite him cheating at the Chūnnin Exam. Was it fair? Of course not, but since my father is the Hokage, he can do whatever he wants.

The enviroment at the village since the attack was peaceful but tense. I knew something was going on since they defeated Kishinki and Momoshinki. My brother, who was now a chūnnin ninja, still went on missions with his team and now was the apprentice of Sasuke Uchiha. He was stonger now and the worst part is that he brags about it all around the girls of the village. It's really stupid though since every 2 weeks seems to be in love with a new girl.

I remember the time I heard my father calling all the ninjas, includig the retired ones for a special meeting. Rumors said that there was a new enemy who threatened the Five Nation's peace by capturing all the Tailed Beasts to revive the Ten Tails, like in the past war. Personally, I don't believe it since capturing a tailed beast is hard as hell but if it happened once...it could happen twice?

I finished on preparing dinner and waited for the rest of my family to come home. Soon I was going to know what trully was happening.

"We're home!" said dad while entering with mom and Boruto. "Hmmm that smells good dattebayo!"

"Geez, I'm hungry as hell dattebasa! Oh, hey Hima-chan!" said my brother.

"Welcome" I said in a serene and sad voice. Ever since that incident at the Chūnnin Exams, my hopes of making my dreams come true vanished.

"What did you do today Himawari?" asked mom.

"I made Ramen since dad asked me personally" I said while everyone took their seats.

"I bet it tastes really good!" she said while I fake smiled at her. Mother noticed my change of attitude since that incident and tried to make it up for me. But it was too late so all she could do now was lower her head and sigh.

Dinner became very quiet. Everyone was focused on eating their food. I noticed the small glances they were making to each other and tried to ignore them. I looked at them for a while.

'Were they really not gonna say anything?!?'

Suddenly I smashed my fist against the table and got up, mad.

"Are you really gonna keep eating like this without saying anything?!?!"

"Himawari!!" gasped mom.

"I know something's going on since all the ninjas in the village had a special meeting! You all went there! Don't you think I have the right to know at least what happened?!?"

"The Fifth Great Ninja War has been declared.  There's an enemy threatening the Five Nations and we've all been assembled to discuss our strategy with the Shinobi Alliance. The rest is not of your concern" said dad.

"Why is not of my concern?!? It's obvious that you'll go to fight against the enemy. Don't you think I at least have to help on something!?!"

"Boruto will play his role in the war. He's been prepared for this since-"

"Boruto! Boruto! BORUTO! It's always about you two and him because he went to the Academy! I wanted to go to the Academy dad, but you didn't let me!"

"He went to the Academy because that's what he should do! He knows his place as a ninja, your mother knows her place as a ninja!"

"But dad! What about-"

"And I know my place as a Hokage! And it's time to learn yours"

My eyes widened as how he yelled at me with rage. This time I couldn't control my urge to cry so I ran out of my house. He sat back at his table while mother lowered her head in sadness and Boruto still stood in shock of what had just happened.

Meanwhile, I ran through the city despite all the rain falling. I went to the top of the Hokage mountain. I cried on top of the 4th Hokage's monument while the rain kept on falling.

"Why is always like this?" I mumbled while my  now wet long hair covered my entire face.

The thunderstorm was taking his place at the village but I didn't care. I stared at the whole city, while the wind played with my hair. How many people will die if they loose the war? What if they need more help?

I felt something in my chest as I stood up with determination. I knew that my family wouldn't let me life my life if I asked them so I have only one chance to proove them my worth.

I may not go to the Ninja Academy, I'm too old for that. But I, Himawari Uzumaki, will participate in the Fifth Great Ninja War.