Chapter 9 (Part 1)

When they are seated in the Slytherin table, Hermione notice how Riddle was eyeing Harry. It went on until the desert. Finally, Riddle stood up; he went to Harry’s side. He whispered something. Harry looked at Hermione, he went closer and whispered, “Wait for me; he wants to talk to me.” Hermione just nodded.

Harry followed Tom. They walked and walked until they reached the unused classroom. Tom turned to him, and then he smiled, which shocked Harry.

“Harry Dumbledore. I want everything we talk about here, stays with us.” Tom said. Harry only nodded.

“Harry, I want you to join me, and some fellow Slytherin, to our, club. It’s called, I don’t know if you’ve heard about it, Knights of Walpurgis. Our aim is simply to make the Wizarding World better.” He said. Harry chuckled.

“Club? Better? Yes, Tom, I’ve heard about it. And I most definitely wouldn’t join you. I know what you want Tom. You want power, and to eliminate those too weak to seek it. And I know this, because I’m a Dumbledore. I may be here in Slytherin, but I know not to do dark things. I’m threat, am I not? That’s the only reason you want me to join, because you’re scared of me. Don’t worry Tom, I won’t tell anyone.” Harry winked at him then walked away.

“Oh! And by the way, I hope you realize just how wrong you are.” He smiled and went back to the Great Hall, where Hermione was waiting.

Riddle was furious. He set of to the first floor bathroom. There he called his servant. He wants to hurt Harry so much. And the best way to do it is to kill that mudblood, slowly, the basilisk rise.

Harry saw Hermione talking to a girl. When the girl turned to his direction, he recognized her, Myrtle. She flushed when she saw Harry. Harry remembered how Myrtle felt about him. And looks like, she still does.

“Hello Hermione, and?” he asked her.

“Myrtle.” She giggled.

“Hello Myrtle. I love your glasses, almost the same as mine.” Harry said as he smiled at her.

“Thank you. You and Hermione are the only ones who say so. I need to go back to the ravenclaw tower now, see you!” she said and wave them goodbye.

The next day, at their Care of Magical Creatures, Riddle was late. Then just minutes after he arrived, Professor Slughorn was running towards them. He was panting.

“Everyone, go back to your dormitories!” he shouted. Harry held Hermione’s hand and they walked side by side. They heard both Professors talk quietly.

“What’s this about, Horace?”

“Lower you voice. A student have been found, petrified.”

Harry and Hermione looked at each other. They have the same thing in their mind. Riddle opened the Chamber of Secrets. They hurried to the common room. Everyone was talking about what petrified the Hufflepuff girl.

Weeks have passed; Hermione and Harry kept going with Myrtle everywhere, except when she has classes. Two more students got petrified. Harry and Hermione went to the library with Myrtle. Then, Fawkes, burned free. He had a note in his beak. Harry gets it and he read it.

Harry, meet me at my office. Just you. I hate the Bertie Bott’s Every Flavoured Beans.

Harry passed the note to Hermione.

“Bertie Bott’s?” she asked him.

“Yup. That’s the password. I gotta go. See you later okay?” He dashed off to Dumbledore’s office. He got himself facing a portrait. He whispered the password and he entered.

Hermione meanwhile was reading next to Myrtle, when Olive Hornby walked to Myrtle.

“Hey, Myrtle! How are your eyes? Are they still four?” the girl said.

Hermione was about to talk back when Myrtle ran away. She followed her to the bathroom. The moment they entered the cubicle, she heard the door open. Then she heard his voice. He was speaking parsetongue. A shiver ran down her spine. Myrtle notices the sound. She was about to open the cubicle door but Hermione held her firm. She shook her head. But Myrtle was stubborn. She pulled Hermione with her. She opened the door. She look over but, it happened. Hermione was pulled with her. She forgot to close her eyes.