Chapter 27

Tom couldn’t sleep that night. He laid wide awake, staring in the darkness and seeing Hermione’s eyes staring back at him. He knows that it’s just his imagination, but for some reason, he thinks Hermione’s doing the same, staring at the darkness and seeing him.

He was consumed by sleep and his eyes droop. He suddenly woke up after an hour to find that it was already morning. He was alone in the dormitory, Draco and the others have already gone to the Great hall for breakfast. He got up, still half awake.

As he entered the Great Hall, he saw Hermione was with her boyfriend. He sat down the Slytherin table and ate his breakfast, his eyes still staring at the bushy haired Gryffindor girl.

His first class was Charms, it was with Hufflepuffs. He notices some Hufflepuff girls staring at him. He was used to it by now. Charms was taught by a short wizard called Flitwick.

“Today class, we shall learn the Confundus Charm. Now, who knows what is a confundus charm?” some Hufflepuffs raised their hands but the Slytherins looks like they don’t care. Tom raised his hand, he caught Flitwick’s attention and he was called.

“Confundus Charm causes the victim to become confused, befuddled, overly forgetful and prone to follow simple orders without thinking about them.” He answered.

“You are right Mr. Riddle, 5 points to Slytherin.” Flitwick looked around the class and continued; “Now I want you to pair up and confound your partner. Remember the wrist movement and remember to say the word clearly, ‘confundus’. Now go.”

The class ended quickly and most of them did it. The next class was Transfiguration which is taught by Minerva McGonagall. He remembers McGonagall from his time, she was a Gryffindor Prefect then, and he just hopes that she forgot about him.

And he was wrong.

McGonagall eyed him as he entered the classroom. She has the look of suspicion and surprise. Riddle just smiled and sat next to someone. And that someone was Hermione. He forgot that this class was shared with Gryffindor. He looked beside him and was surprised to see Hermione, without his boyfriend. He looked around and he saw Harry enter and he was looking quite tired. He was out of breath. Behind him was Rom Weasley, they looked like they ran to get here.

“Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley! 10 points from Gryffindor, you are ten minutes late!” McGonagall said firmly.

“Sorry Professor McGonagall, Profesor Lupin kept us.” Harry mumbled.

He noticed how McGonagall’s face softened. “Of course, I won’t take away those points. Now, sit down.” Harry and Weasley sat next to each other. Weasley wanted to sit next to Hemione but Harry pulled him down. He saw harry smiled at him and pointed his watch. Riddle was confused.

McGonagall started the lesson and it was about Animagus. “Now, I know that there is someone in this room who is an Animagus. Harry will you please show them.” Harry stood up then walked to the front, He smiled then suddenly, he was a stag. “Now, Harry managed his first Transformation when he was in third year, because apparently, he wants to be with our dear Professor Lupin at his times.” Tom was really curious on who this Professor Lupin is.

Luckily, his next class was Defense Against the Dark Arts. After lunch, he went straight there. It was again, with the Gryffindors. He thought he was the first to arrive but there were already students in the room. Harry, Hermione, Ron Weasley are there, eating with the Professor. They looked at him and he saw Harry smile.

“You’re a bit early Tom. Come in.” Harry said. The Professor is looking sickly; there were scars all over him. Tom entered and sat down next to Harry.

“Now, you are the transfer student.” The Professor said.

“Yes sir.” He answered.

He avoided looking at his scars because it was rude. “Harry, where were you last night?” the Professor asked.

“Oh! I was with Professor Dumbledore,” Harry looked at Tom and pointed his watch, “He was showing me some of his memories in a pensieve.” Tom understood, so Dumbledore showed him. Now, he knows.

“What memories?” Ron asked.

“Back when he was the Transfiguration Teacher, he was trying to make me tell dad to be the Tranfiguration teacher when Minnie becomes Headmaster.” He answered.

“That would never happen. Prongs would never teach, Padfoot would laugh at him like they laugh at me. And Minnie will find someone who can teach.”

He looked at them confused, who’s Prongs, Padfoot, and Minnie? Harry noticed the way he looks and explained. “We call Professor McGonagall, Minnie when we’re not in class, Prongs is my dad, and my Godfather is paarfoot, while uncle Moony is Professor Lupin.” He nodded in understanding.

“And he’s Prongslet.” Hermione said, smirking.

“Yes, I’m Prongslet.” Harry answered.

They cleaned the table and they sat to the right place. Moments later, students came in. He was seated next to Harry. He was surprised to see Gryffindors handing over chocolates to the Professor. He heard a few asked, “Rough night professor?” He was really confused until Harry whispered, “He’s a werewolf.” His eyes widen in surprise and he nodded.

The Professor sat in his chair and motioned Harry to start. Harry stood up and went to the front of the class, much to Tom’s confusion.

“Now, I will be your temporary teacher as you well know that Professor Lupin had a rough night and Professor Snape, can’t go here for he has a class. Well, you all know that already just explaining it to our new classmate.” He explained.

The class ended and he was off to the Library.