Chapter 17

Tom really hates Harry. Yes, he wants to learn the Patronus charm, and yes, Harry is the best when it comes to that, but he still hates him. He also hates Hermione. He can't figure out if they've really just met, he thinks not.

This is the first time he's unsure of what to do. He doesn't know if he's doing the right thing. Not right as in good, but right as in evil. He's not sure if he can win this game, and it scares him.

He already lost a bet, now they're heading to the bathroom. He needs to do this, but that doesn't mean he wants to.

Hermione lead them. She opened the door and motioned them to follow. Harry went next to her, Tom went in last.

They heard a girl, crying, moaning, and it sounded miserable. Harry walked first. He opened the cubicle, there was Myrtle. She can't see Riddle yet. But when she looked at Harry, her face lit up.

"Harry!" she cheered.

She hugged Harry. Harry felt the cold sensation in his body.

"Myrtle. It's nice to see you." he said.

"Oh, you're in time. I was just getting ready to leave." she said, still in the tone of crying.

Harry was surprised at that.

"Where are you going Myrtle?" Hermione asked her.

"I don't know. But I know that I'm going to follow Olive around until she kills herself." she said proudly.

Harry and Hermione looked at each other.

"Myrtle, when you, died, did you see someone?" Harry asked gently.

"Oh! It was horrible. Hermione was pulling me back at the cubicle but I went out because I heard a boy talking in tongues. But when I got out, all I saw was big yellow eyes. Then I died." she told them.

Harry smiled sadly. "Myrtle, can you promise me one thing?" he asked.

"Oh!" Myrtle blushed, well not really but if she was alive, she would have, "I will promise anything to you Harry." she said.

Harry heaved a heavy sigh. "Myrtle, I want you to promise that whatever I tell you will stay between us, and you will not do any harm to anyone." he said slowly.

Riddle was very much surprised. He did not expect this. Why was Harry protecting him?

"Okay, Harry." she said, confused.

"You see, I know who that boy is." Myrtle was shocked but she didn't shout or anything. "And, he's, my friend. And he's really sorry." Harry moved so Myrtle could see Tom.

Tom exhaled then composed himself. "I'm," he heaved a heavy sigh, "I'm sorry Myrtle. Forgive me." he said.

Myrtle wanted to kill him, but she didn't. She promised Harry. And if he's Harry's friend, then he must really be sorry. But she knows him. He's that mudblood hater. She almost punched him but she didn't. Her punches would not have done any harm.

"It's" she tried to find the right words, "fine. I forgive you." she said then she dive in the toilet.

Riddle felt relief. He felt good, though he still doesn't know why.

Why would he, Tom Riddle, the her of Slytherin, feel good because someone, a mudblood, forgave him?

------#####------
I told you I'll update if I can.
Again I know it's a short update.
But it's exams' day, today and tomorrow.