Epilogue

Harry watched it all happen. He silently cried as they kissed. But he can’t blame them, he let it all happen.

He went back in the Room of Requirement, but there was someone there. Ginny.

“I know that you lied to me when you told me that you love me Harry. Well, maybe you didn’t, but I know you didn’t mean it like that. You love me, as a sister. Because, when you saw all those memories, you realized that, all these years, you love her. You love Hermione Jean Granger. Not me. But you didn’t fight for her. Why?”

Harry cried. All of it was true, “I didn’t fight because I know she will pick him over me. She did in the past. And I just wonder what he has that I don’t. Those were Ron’s words. And those were the same words that were going in my mind. I love her. But clearly she doesn’t.”

Harry looked up to Ginny, “How did you know?”

Ginny showed him a piece of parchment.

Mom and Dad,

You wanted to know why I did what I did, here it goes.

I love Hermione, I love her. Since I met her.

And those girls were starting up rumours about her. Dad, if it was Mom, I know you would do the same. I can’t just watch them hurt her. I want her to be happy.  That’s all I ever wanted.

But she won’t be happy with me.

The parchment was crumpled. He tossed it in his bag because he decided not to tell them. He made a new one, stating that Hermione was a friend.

“I’m sorry Ginny. I should’ve told you.” He cried.

“I forgive you Harry. And I will stay with you, maybe not as your girlfriend, but as a friend.” She hugged him. She really do love him. And won’t give up on him, she gives up.