Chapter 13

Tom Marvolo Riddle is furious. For the first time in the history, he can't get what he wants. All he wants now is to be the most powerful dark wizard of all time, but then, Harry Dumbledore arrives. And that wizard, he can't get him to follow him. He doesn't seem to be scared of him. Yes, sometimes he can see him shiver when he's around, but he still fights back.

And that Granger girl, the pureblood who pretends to be a mudblood! How dare she? How dare she act like she's more powerful than him? And how? How can she lie in Albus Dumbledore's face without the old man knowing?

And that old man! Ever since he killed that basilisk, he has been watching him more. Everywhere he goes he seems to be there. And he always has that scrutinizing look when it comes to him.

But he knows what he needs to do now. He needs to act like he has changed. But of course, they would not believe him if he doesn't give them a reason why he changed. He already talked to Malfoy and Lestrange, a simple misunderstanding and a few hexes, and maybe he'll let them know some of his secrets so it would look like that he was the victim.

He is now in a corridor, where Hermione and Harry will surely pass through. He made sure that the professors have a meeting today.

"Oy! Riddle! You liar!" Malfoy said behind him.

"You dare call me a liar?" he asked, this was on the script. Suddenly, Lestrange shot him a curse that he barely dodges. But he didn't expect Malfoy to disarm him.

"What the heck!" he looked confused. "Give me back my wand now!" he rumbled.

"Do you think with follow your orders after we've found out?" Lestrange alleged.

"Found out what?" he asked. He acted out.

"Ha! Found out what? Found out what? We have only found out that you're a bloody halfblood!" Malfoy bellowed.

"What did you say?" he asked.

"Don't play dumb Riddle! Your parents don't have records here at Hogwarts! You might even be a mudblood for all we know!" Lestrange yelled.

"And where, may I ask, did you get that false information?" he challenged.

"False? Don't be stupid! It's true! And we have proof!" Malfoy grab some parchment from his robe and throw it at him. He looked at the parchments, of course he knows what's written in it, he's the one who gave it to them in the first place.

"Lestrange, Malfoy, follow me." He said,and the two looked scared.

They arrived at the Room of Requirement, he stood near the fire place. He looked back at them, "Sit down. I have something to discuss with you." The two sat but they still look worried for themselves.

"Now, young Dumbledore and that Granger, I need them working for me. But they wouldn't. I need you to do something. And if you fail to do so, the consequences are high." He threatened.

"Anything, my lord." they both said.

"All I want is for you to attack me on our way to the common room when those two are passing by. Attack me because of this." He handed them the parchment It contains real evidences.

"Halfblood, wait, mudblood?" they asked simultaneously.

"Fools! Those are not real." He said. They didn't looked convince. "You don't believe me? Are you under estimating me? Do you want me to show you just how much of a pureblood I am?" he threatened.

"No, my lord. We believe you." They said.

That was yesterday. Now, he clearly didn't think they'd do this well.

"What is this rubbish?" he asked, bewildered.

"What's this rubbish? That Tom Marvolo Riddle is evidence." Lestrange said. Then they left him there, looking puzzled. He looked at a corner, and there Granger and Dumbledore.

"What are you two looking at?" he shouted.

They looked away then continue walking. He notices how Granger looked back at him. She has that look of pity in her eyes. But she suddenly shook her head then looked at him angrily.

Riddle almost jumps with happiness. His plan is working. The Granger pities him.

Meanwhile, Hermione did feel pity. She saw the look in his eyes. It looked real. If only he wasn't the lord voldemort, maybe she even comforted him. But he shouted at them.

Harry knew something was off. His followers never found out about his parenthood. He did this. He doesn't know why, but he knows, Voldemort is planning something.