Chapter 30

It was September first, in the memory that is. Harry was frantically looking at every sign, but he couldn’t find what he was looking for. He couldn’t find platform 9 ¾. Finally they heard, Tom and memory Harry, a rather loud shout about muggles. They looked and saw a bunch of red heads, they followed them, and Tom saw the look in Harry’s face when a boy ran to the wall and vanished before his eyes.

Harry approached them, Tom following close behind, then when it seems like a minute or more have passed in the memory, he was at a compartment, and Harry was alone, watching the red heads talk outside the train. Then, the youngest red headed boy entered the compartment, and the train moved. He watched as Harry became friends with the boy called Ron Weasley. They arrived at the castle, and moved to the sorting ceremony. Harry and Ron were sorted to Gryffindor, along with Hermione, and Neville.

The memory changed, they, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville were running and they entered a locked room. Tom saw what was behind them while they were listening outside the door. It was a Cerberus. When they saw it, they immediately run back to their common room. The memory changed again, it was Quidditch. Harry was playing as seeker, which Tom guess is a miracle because Harry was just a first year. Then he saw Harry’s broom trying to make him fall. He looked around, and he saw a greasy haired professor, Professor Snape, muttering and he was not blinking. Tom was confused, why would the Professor wanted Harry dead? Then he saw who was just behind Professor Snape, a pale young man wearing a turban, and he too was not blinking. When the scene changed, He saw Harry, Ron and Hermione researching the library. They were muttering; “Nicolas. Flamel. Flamel. Nicolas Flamel where are you.”

Then he saw them running from Hagrid’s hut, they went to Professor McGonagall.

“We want to see Professor Dumbledore,” said Hermione, rather bravely.

“See Professor Dumbledore?” Professor McGonagall repeated, as though this was a very fishy thing to want to do. “Why?”

Harry swallowed.

“It’s sort of secret,” he said, but he wished at once he hadn’t, because Professor McGonagall’s nostrils flared.

“Professor Dumbledore left ten minutes ago,” she said coldly. “He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and flew off for London at once.”

“He’s gone?” said Harry frantically. “Now?”

“Professor Dumbledore is a very great wizard, Potter, he has many demands on his time —”

“But this is important.”

“Something you have to say is more important than the Ministry of Magic, Potter?”

“Look,” said Harry, throwing caution to the winds, “Professor — it’s about the Sorcerer’s Stone —”

Whatever Professor McGonagall had expected, it wasn’t that. The books she was carrying tumbled out of her arms, but she didn’t pick them up.

“How do you know — ?” she spluttered.

“Professor, I think — I know — that Sn— that someone’s going to try and steal the Stone. I’ve got to talk to Professor Dumbledore.”

She eyed him with a mixture of shock and suspicion.

“Professor Dumbledore will be back tomorrow,” she said finally. “I don’t know how you found out about the Stone, but rest assured, no one can possibly steal it, it’s too well protected.”

“But Professor —”

“Potter, I know what I’m talking about,” she said shortly. She bent down and gathered up the fallen books. “I suggest you all go back outside and enjoy the sunshine.”