Chapter 9 (Part 2)

"Good Afternoon Professor Dumbledore." Harry greeted the professor.

"Good Afternoon Harry, sit down." He sat at the chair in front of the professor.

"Harry, I need to tell you that, the ministry is suspecting that there's a time traveller roaming around. You and Miss Granger only have this school year. And after this school year, you may need to go back. I can talk to them, but it is better to finish everything fast." Harry looked at him flabbergasted.

"Okay, sir. But why did you call me, and why couldn't I bring Hermione with me?" he asked.

"You're both raising suspicion Harry. Some question Hermione's identity. It's safer this way." Dumbledore said.

Then suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Dumbledore stood up to open the door. There stood, Professor Dippet looking sullen.

"I have grave news, Albus. Two girls have been found at the first floor bathroom. I believe they are Miss Myrtle Warren and Miss Hermione Granger." He said. But Harry already screamed at his friend's name.

"NO!" he cried. "I-No! Her-Hermione! Myrtle! They couldn't!" he wept. Albus looked at Dippet, "What happened Headmaster?" he asked him.

"Miss Granger," Harry focused at him. "She still has a chance, she has been petrified. But, Miss Warren, she didn't make it." Harry immediately ran to the Hospital wing. There he saw Hermione. He held her hand. She looked like this when she was first petrified. The horror in her eyes is visible. Harry couldn't stop crying. He blames himself. If only he hadn't left them. He looked around the room. On the bed next to Hermione, he saw Myrtle. He hugged her, crying as he does. In the short period of time that they spent together, Myrtle was their friend. They spent their time trying to save her, but they failed. He failed both Hermione and Myrtle.

He saw Albus walked in. He ran towards him. He couldn't contain himself anymore, he pushed the man away.

"Why? Why did you have to call me today? Maybe they didn't, maybe they're still here! Bring them back! Bring her back." He whimpered.

Albus just stayed there. He let him push him away. "We can bring back Hermione, Harry. The mandrakes are ready. The potion will be made." After he said that, he walked away.

Harry on the other hand, went to Hermione. He cried and cried. Hermione, his best friend, his girl best friend. But he knows she's never been only a best friend. For years, he loved her. But only in this time did he admit it. Yes, he loved Ginny, but it will never compare to how he feel about her. He loved Ginny, but it was just like the love he was supposed to give Hermione. He loves Ginny as a sister. And he loves Hermione. No. He's in love with Hermione.

Midnight came, he knows what to do. If he failed to save Myrtle, he won't fail again. He needs to save Hagrid. He quickly and quietly went down to the dungeons. Right on time. Riddle was just talking to Hagrid. But he can't hear them. Then, suddenly, he saw Aragog escape. He helped Aragog, he apparated Aragog to the Forbidden Forrest by a spell.

He saw Tom search for it. Quietly, he slipped behind Riddle, he grabbed Hagrid and throw the invisibility cloak over them. He put a silencing charm and they stayed there for a few more minutes. Riddle turned back but he couldn't see them. He search again.

"Homenum Revelio" he muttered. But the invisibility cloak didn't budge.

He gave up and went back up. Harry and Hagrid then went to the Room of Requirement, still under the invisibility cloak.

"Where are we?" Hagrid asked him.

"This is the Room of Requirement. We're safe here. I'm Harry." He said.

"I know who ye are. Thanks 'arry. I'm Rubeus 'agrid." He said.

They stayed there for an hour until Harry decided it's safe to go back. Hagrid became his friend, again.

Harry didn't go back to the common room; he just went back to the hospital wing. He just sat at the chair beside Hermione, holding her hand, until he fell asleep.