Chapter 10

Hermione woke up and she was surrounded by professors. She looked around her, at her side she saw Harry. He looked dead. There were dark circles around his eyes, and he was pale. And his eyes, his eyes are blood red.

"Harry, what the heck happened to you?" she asked. The professors chuckled at her first words.

"I worried about you. I thought you, I thought you," he sighed.

"Oh, Harry, I'm okay. It's not the first time I've been petrified." She whispered the last one. "And good thing that there was a mirror in the bathroom." She stopped, and then she turned as pale as Harry. It didn't stop, she turned blue. "Myrtle." Just then, she cried.

Harry put his arm around her. "Everything going to be fine. Breathe, Mione." He said. He hugged her tightly as he draw circles in her arm.

Headmaster Dippet cleared his throat. "Miss Granger, I need to ask if you saw anyone. Who did this?" Tom Riddle. She wanted to say. Merlin knows how she wanted to say it. But she couldn't even utter a word. She shook her head. Deciding not to tell them.

"Then, I'm afraid that the school will be closing." He sighed.

Harry shook his head. "No. The school will not be closed. The person who did this, he, or she, I think the attacks will stop." He looked at Professor Dumbledore. Albus nodded in understanding.

"And how can you say that?" Dippet asked.

"Well, the person who did this, well, he or she is a student here. And any student calls Hogwarts home. He or she will stop, who would want to leave home and never come back?" he said.

"Very well, I will announce the closing of the school. But, if we pass the Ministry inspection, the school will remain open." The headmaster said.

The professors turn back then went to the other unpetrified students, asking the same questions. But none gave an answer. None saw Riddle. They only saw big yellow eyes of the basilisk. When they're alone, he looked at Hermione. "Why didn't you tell that it was him?" he asked.

"If I told them, he will be sent to Azkaban. And he will escape. And all of this will get worse." She said. Just then, Harry understood.

In the Great Hall, headmaster Dippet, announce the news. Everyone was whispering. Everyone was scared. They don't want Hogwarts to close. Hermione looked at the Gryffindor table. She was surprise to see Hagrid. She nudges Harry then pointed Hagrid. Harry smiled weakly then whispered, "I couldn't afford to fail twice."

Harry saw Tom looked troubled. After the feast, they saw him slip pass the students, and into the grounds. They followed him. They saw him enter the Forbidden Forrest. They followed close behind him, but not too close for he might hear them.

"Where's that dumb spider!" they heard him mutter.

But then, the centaurs arrived. They rounded on him.

"What are you doing here, boy?" They saw and it was Ronan. "You're not allowed here. Go back to the castle or else." He said.

"Pardon me for disturbing you, but I was merely looking for the baby acromantula. You see, my friend, lost it. It was his pet, so I wondered if the spider went here." He used his charm. But the centaurs are not swayed.

"Don't lie to us. We've been seeing you in the stars. You don't have friends. Go back, now, before you get hurt." Ronan threatened.

But Tom was foolish. He draws his wand and pointed it at them. The centaurs were about to attack but Harry yelled. "STOP!" he left the shadows of the trees with Hermione, "Ronan, we'll go back. No need for violence. I'm a friend. And I think you know me." He said.