Chapter 7

The Quidditch field was packed with Slytherins. The half was going to try out for different positions while the other half is just there to watch. Harry left Hermione in the stands then walked straight to Captain. Which, sadly, is Abraxas Malfoy.

“Hey Dumbledore!” Malfoy called. He looked behind him. There stood Hermione. “You going to try out?” he asked him, grinning.

“Yup. Seeker.” Harry answered.

“You can’t be serious! A seeker must be quick. And most specially, a seeker must have a good eye-sight. Your glasses say otherwise!” Malfoy chuckled.
“You know, Malfoy, you don’t know what you’re talking about. Just see me play, and the Quidditch cup is ours. I heard the Gryffindors’ keep having them. How many times? Oh! Right! 5 years in a row, and that was since you joined the team. Coincidence? I think not.” Harry said. He smirk then walked pass him.

Malfoy seem to boil in anger. He went to the center and caught everyone’s attention. “Today we will play a game. I’m the Captain, and also, seeker. And it seems like, Dumbledore, forgot that, he says that he’s better than me. So, Dumbledore, form your team, and I’ll form mine. If you beat me, you replace me, which I’m sure won’t happen.” He shouted.

Harry was nervous. Not because he doubts his abilities, but because, who will agree to be his teammate? He quickly looked at Hermione. She shook her head vigorously. He went to her, “Hermione please. I need a team. At least if you agree, I will only have to find 5 more. Please Hermione. You can just play chaser, or keeper. You know how the game works. Please.” He begged her.

“You know, Harry, if I don’t love I won’t do it. But fine. I’ll do it. I’ll play Keeper. At least I’ve watched how Ron moved. You better catch that snitch before I fall off my broom, or else I’ll kill you!” Harry hugged her.

“But, who else?” Hermione asked as soon as she broke free from Harry’s hug.

“The first years! Of course they will want to play and have a chance to be in the team.” Harry smiled at his idea.

“Great idea. But how will you win, if your team consists of first years?” Hermione asked him.

“You’re right. But all I have to do is complete my team, then catch the snitch before anyone else scores.” He smiled at first but he felt that his plan was not a great plan after all.

“Fine. Let’s find you some first years.” Hermione notice that Harry was nervous so she just agreed, since she can’t think of anything else.

When they finally have enough teammates, Malfoy walked to them. When he saw who are the ones that harry picked, he laugh are. He laughed really hard then said, “Really? You think you can win, with first years? My team have been practicing for years, and you pick those who might never rode a broom before. But fine, that just assures me more.” His words were force out because he was still laughing.

“Laugh all you want, Malfoy. Let’s just play.” Harry walked to his position. His teammates went to theirs. He was okay with the fist years. Hermione can block the shots, well, he hopes so.

When the whistle blew, they flew up. Malfoy’s team was in possession. He quickly looked around for the snitch. But moments later, a loud cheer echoes in the field when Malfoy’s team scored. He look around once again. And there he saw it. Just above Hermione’s head. He quickly flew pass Malfoy, who went after him the moment he realize that Harry saw the snitch.

Harry’s broom was vibrating. It wasn’t like his Firebolt, or even his Nimbus. He was going too fast for the broom. Malfoy was in his tail. He was closing in on him. But he noticed that Malfoy didn’t actually see the snitch, he just saw Harry. So, harry dive. Malfoy followed him, but when he was three feet from the ground, he pulled up, which Malfoy couldn’t do. He reached for the snitch and they won. Everyone was silent, except for Hermione who went back down to meet Harry. She was shouting, and soon enough, hi whole team joined in. Then, the whole crowd cheered.

He looked over to Malfoy, it seems like he broke his arm. His got bruises all over him. Harry walk over to him and held out his arm. Malfoy shoved his hand away, but he lifted him up. He called a two of Malfoy’s teammates and told them to get him to the Hospital wing.

Malfoy ordered them to stop half way to the field. He then shouted, “Cancel the tryouts, Captain. Wait for me next week. I still want to play.” Malfoy looked embarrassed. But Harry gave him a weak smile.

“Right! Get well soon, or else I won’t let you join!” he shouted.

Hermione looked at him. She can see the hope in Harry’s eyes. He was happy. Then maybe that’s what they needed to do. Make the dark, see the light.

On their way to the common room, Riddle stopped them.

“You’ve done well on the Quidditch game, I’ve heard, Dumbledore. The new Captain. As it is, professor Slughorn will have a word with you.” He walked pass them with a sneer in his face.

-----#####---
Oh my gosh! Thank you for reading my first ever story, even though I'm a crappy writer. I never thought someone would read it! Thank you!!!!!

I'm half way through chapter 8, there's a Harmione moment there! Thank you again. I'll update later today!