The Future

Tom opened his eyes and looked around; he saw a glittering blue eyes staring at him under a half-moon spectacles. And it was Albus Dumbledore.

“It’s nice to see that you are awake, Tom.” The old man said.

“Where’s Hermione?” is the first thing he asked.

“Miss Granger is in the Potter’s house.” Albus answered.

He wants to shout. Harry Potter got Hermione? But it was also his fault, and he knows that.

“Where am I?” he asked.

“You are in the Room of Requirement. But I found you in Godric’s Hollow yesterday. I have a lot to tell you, Tom.” Dumbledore said.

“When is now?” he asked, knowing that he’s not in 1945.

“Today is the 20th December 1997. And a lot has changed since you came here.”

“What do you mean a lot has changed?” he asked, not bothering to be polite.

“You see Tom, the day before you disappeared in year 1945, Harry came to me. He said he has a plan, a plan that he knows will work.”

Good evening Professor Dumbledore.” Albus looked up to see Harry.

“To what do I owe this visit, Harry?” he asked. “Sit down.”

Harry sat and then he looked at him. “Sir, I have a plan. I know how to save, everyone. But, I can’t tell you how, I could, however, tell you something. If you would let me.” He said.

What is it Harry?”

“Sir, I need to tell you what wouldn’t happen. What wouldn’t but did.” He said.

You will tell me the future, the future that you will change?” he asked, knowingly.

“Yes sir.” He answered. He heaved a sigh and continued. “A prophecy was made before I was even born, sir. It said; the one with the power to vanquish the dark lord approaches. Born to those who have trice defied him, born as the seventh month dies, and the dark lord shall mark him as his equal, but he will have power the dark lord knows not and either must die at the hands of the other for neither can live while the other survives. The one with the power to vanquish the dark lord will be born as the seventh month dies.” He looked at Dumbledore and continued.

My parents hid but their secret keeper Peter Pettigrew sold them to Voldemort. My father was killed first, and my mum, she was offered to move aside but she didn’t. She sacrificed her herself for me; which created the perfect protection, and when Voldemort tried to kill me, the curse rebounded. I was raised by my muggle aunt and uncle.

My first year at Hogwarts, Voldemort tried to come back by Professor Quirrel. He needed the Philosopher’s stone but I, Hermione and Ron stopped him. At our second year he tried again by means of his diary and possessing Ginny and we stopped him again.

At my third year, the whole wizarding world thought that Sirius Black was the betrayer, he escaped Azkaban, he found Peter who was an illegal animagi, and that was the first time me and Hermione used a time turner, and we help Sirius escape.

My fourth year, he came back. He and his most loyal servant, Barty Crouch Jr. along with wormtail also known as Peter, they succeeded in putting my name in the Goblet of fire. I won with the help of Mad-eye Moody who was in disguised Barty Jr. The tri wizard cup was a portkey, me and Cedric got to the grave yard but he was killed, and Voldemort came back.

My fifth year, you were forced to hire the most vile, evil toad to be the defence against the dark arts teacher because the ministry are bunch of idiots specially Fudge and they didn’t believe that Voldemort is back. That year, Sirius died because of me, you also told me about the prophecy that year.

Sixth year, you were killed by Snape. And seventh year, we were hunting horcruxes.” He heaved a heavy sigh then properly looked at Albus.

I told you all this because I want you to tell Tom in the future, because if he comes with us, everything will change. And I want him to know why I did it.” He said.

Harry, whatever you’re planning, be safe.” That’s all he said.

Tom listened intently at Dumbledore. “So, they’re alive. Everyone that I killed or killed in my order, they’re alive.” He said.

“Yes Tom. And I’m sorry to tell you this but Harry and Hermione wouldn’t remember you. They wouldn’t because they were never really in the past. They didn’t time travel, because they didn’t have to. But we know they did. She wouldn’t remember you Tom.” Albus said.

“And is she, is she with Harry?” he asked.

“No, she isn’t.” Dumbledore looked at him, “She is with, as I believe, with Mister Ronald Weasley. And Mister Harry Potter on the other hand is with miss Ginny Weasley.”

He was shocked. “But why?” he asked. “I thought Harry loves Hermione?”

“Perhaps, in 1945 he did. But this time, in this time where Miss Ginny Weasley is here, I think he fell in love Miss Weasley. Mysterious thing, time, powerful, but when meddled with, dangerous. Miss Granger is with Mister Ronald Weasley, but she will have a hard time, I think, you’re here and that will make it hard. Let me ask you a question Tom, do you think she loves you?” he was startled by the question. He doesn’t know, he’s been asking himself that same question since.

“I, I think so,” he answered. “But I’m not sure.” He added.