Chapter 31 (Part 3)

Tom saw Hermione drag Ron out the Great Hall. Then Harry and Ginny followed them. Tom looked at the time, it was time for potions.

He went to the dungeons, expecting them to be there, but they weren’t. The only Gryffindor there was Dean Thomas. Professor Snape walked in and he looked around.

“It seems, that three dunderheads, decided that they don’t need this class. Mr. Thomas, where are your fellow Gryffindors?”

“I don’t know, sir.”

Harry and Ginny followed Ron and Hermione. Harry already told Ginny everything. At first she was mad at Harry but she got over it. They waited outside the room when Ron walked out. Harry followed him and Ginny entered.

Harry stopped Ron.

“Harry, I know you heard everything so I won’t say anything.”

Harry bowed his head, how would you comfort your best friend who broke up with your other best friend, when you don’t even know if you’re happy that they broke up because you think your other best friend deserves someone else, or sad because your best friend is heartbroken?

“Mate, I don’t---”

“Harry just, let’s go to class okay? Professor Snape won’t be happy if we’re late. And we already are.”

When they entered the classroom, Professor Snape glared at them.

“Weasley, Potter, twenty minutes late.”

“Sorry Professor.” Harry muttered.

Ron looked at Harry, trying to ask him to say their excuse.

“Where is Miss Granger?”

“She’s, she’s at the Hospital wing sir.” Ron answered.

“We were at the library when she was reaching for a book and a huge book fell on top of her. She has a mild concussion.” Harry backed him up.

“Sit down. Twenty points from Gryffindor, for your idiocy.”

Ginny entered the room and she saw Hermione crying.

“’Mione?” she knelt down to face her.

“Sorry Ginny. I’m sorry.”

“It’s not your fault ‘Mione.”

“No. it is my fault. I ignored all of you. Just because Tom told me he loves me. But, that’s not it. Ginny, I love Ron, but,” Hermione cried.

“You like Tom.” Ginny finished.

“Yes, and I don’t know why.”