Chapter 22 (Part 2)

Harry heard it all. He watched them, he saw them in the grounds, and he was in the Room when they entered, hidden in a closet. He felt his heart broke. What was Hermione thinking? He misses the future. At least there, Hermione is with someone he can bear. Not like here, not with Tom.

He was walking around the castle when he decided to go out. He saw them. He pulled his invisibility cloak and went nearer. He heard them singing. Then Hermione stood up. He realized that he was also late so he ran faster. He looked back and saw that they were holding hands.

He reached the dungeons and he was on time. He was done getting the ingredients when they entered. He heard Hermione say that they will copy his work. He smiled to himself.

Slughorn went to them, he listened. He heard that Tom actually smelled something. And he knew it was Hermione. But, he was shocked. Hermione smelled someone different. This was getting out of hand.

He didn't return to the Great Hall. He went to the Room of Requirement. He opened a closet to find more fading pictures, and they entered. He hid inside and listened.

He can't take it anymore. He can't fight here. He wants to go back. But he needs a plan. And he's got the right tool.