Chapter 4

-NINFA'S P.O.V-

    This strange being saved me. I can't get it out of my mind. Her...
"Explain it to me again."
"Her eyes were red. Like rubies."
    Like beautiful rubies. They had the most darkest shine but could completely eat your soul if you'd allow. Breathtakingly red.
"If she were demon her eyes would be a dull grey or pitch black. No monster has red eyes, Ninfa. Are you sure that's what you saw?"
"I'm sure. Would you like to see?"
    I bow my head to him. His finger tips lightly press to my temples. I feel a small buzz to the back of my head before he releases me.
   As I step back. His eyes grow fearful and shocked. He opens his mouth to speak but no words appear. Closing his mouth, he searches for words and then speaks.
    The raw fear in his voice almost chills my bones. "You had Sekia to your neck. You looked death in the eye and lived."
"That blade took down all the men that stood against me."
"You met the blade to your neck and survived."
"It was weird. How she stopped. It was strange."
"You've seen the spawn of Lucifer. Had the world's dangerous weapon held to your neck and lived."
   He smiles and laughs loudly. "Such a brave child."
"Something stopped her. It was weird."
    He scratches his head. "Is she the one whom I've been seeing take out fights?"
"I thought no one was helping?"
"I hadn't noticed until I was watching you. Scoping out for your next target."
     I sigh. "I shall sleep for a while. Then return to the fight."
    I bow to the Elder before going to my separate chambers. My feet hurt, which is an annoying feeling because normally I just hover.. But one can not sneak if they're hovering in the air.
   I went through dozens. Dozens of demons and monsters. None of them had a clue where God or Lucifer are.
   It's exhausting. I lay in my cozy bed, Misty climbs on the bed with me.
"Misty.. You know you can't be up here."
    She flops down and I feel the mattresss indent largely. I hear her loud purr and it makes me happy. I nuzzle close to her.
"What would I do without you, my friend?"
    She wraps her arm around me and I fall asleep to her soft fur.

    Why did she stop? If she knew I were to kill monsters, would she fear I would do same to her? But why did she stop.
"What are you?"
     The question rings in my ear. Not much the question.. more the.. voice. Her voice.. her eyes.. all drawing me in.
"You wouldn't believe me."
"Answer the question."
"Angel."
    A few moments pass.
"What are you?"
    She ignores me. It frustrates me slightly. But I do owe her.
"I guess I should thank you."
     As the bodies burn behind her, her eyes lock with mine. Her eyes red like rubies.. a darken tent but beauty in a shine of red.
"Go home, angel. You could have gotten yourself killed. Just go home."
    She takes flight and the urge to follow her is strong. Why wouldn't she speak more to me if she saved me? Why am I awestruck...
    I take my own flight and pass into the realm of heaven. My mind is in an absolute daze. Her eyes.. something about them
   The way she looked at me, as if I were something magical. As if..
    I shake my head. It was all in my head. It is all in my head.

    I wake up slightly angry. Angry that I had woken. Angry that I had to leave her eyes. ..or angry because I shouldn't be dreaming about a demon and enjoying it.
    I get up and shower. The hot water still doesn't clear my mind and I sigh. I almost died yesterday and yet I'm only thinking about the way she looked at me.
    I get dressed and return to the living room. The Elder sleeps in a meditation pose like he always does. He's a funny guy, different that you would find a common wizard as.
   I summon myself food. I do enjoy having some perks or powers. Sometimes, that is.
    But now would be one. One where I seem to only want cheese pizza and I don't care to wait for the pizza. I mean, delivery in heaven is like a second, but so is summoning and sometimes it also gives the pizza a special flavor.
"How many times have you are pizza?"
"Week, month or year?"
"Does it matter?"
"4 to 5 times a week. 20 to 25 times a month.. almost the full year."
"You're insane."
"You know it."
   I take a slice and begin eating. The cheese so perfectly melted. The perfect taste.
"Did you sleep well?"
    I nod in a lie. His eyes catch mine and I know he knows I am lying but he doesn't bring it to light. He sighs instead.
"There is trouble in Russia. The mafia is being terrorized by monsters. From what I could gather, vampires."
"So. My targets will be fast and have sharp teeth. This will be fun."
"How come you didn't blink yesterday?"
"I didnt because of how much energy it takes. I thought that if I kill one monster, the others would go in blind rage and if I had ducked, they would have torn each other to shreds. But it seemed as if it was a stand off to do so anyway."
     I brush myself off from pizza crumbs and grab the dragon blade. "Best be off." I say while  putting the pistol away.
"Be safe."
     I picture a place I want to be and blink. Or, I guess, teleport. But it's much quicker. And does require some energy. If I were to have used it on the group I was surrounded by, I would have been out of energy before the 10th one was down.
    I glance around the corner and the fight between monsters have already begun. I don't agree with the mafia and their cruel ways but they're humans in a war they didn't have part  in starting. I sigh.
   3. 3 dead humans that I can visibly see. I quickly run in and take the vampires head off before he has time to rip into the next man's neck. The moment his head hits the ground the other vampires attention is locked on me.
    Except one. I blink to her before she rips into the human she was holding. Her head snaps to me a second before I behead her.
    The other vampires run for me and so make a fatal swing that takes the 3s heads off. Lucky for me the humans were in shock, paralyzed and didn't move. Lucky because I can wipe their memory of the night.
"Go home. You never came to work tonight." I say to each and they walk off.
    I gather the monsters bodies and burn them. The humans... they look as if they were attacked by wild dogs, so I leave them be to be found. It's sad, yeah, but nothing much I can do. All these men's souls went to hell. The only one who's wasn't damned was the female and that's because her hand a were technically clean of blood.
    I spread my wings and fly high into the sky. The Elder is still working in a spell to link our minds to a certain extent but hasn't found the right wording yet. It would be helpful instead of just flying around. But at least I can listen to prayers. Prayers to a God that has left them all to suffer.
    I cloak myself as I fly lower. I hear a prayer from a woman.. I feel her fear in my chest.
    I blink to her but stay cloaked. I look around and find myself in a bar. I clear my head from the mild fog of the blink and bring myself to sight.
    Noticing a pile of mangled human bodies, it boils in me with rage. The monster bares it's teeth to me and I quickly make my move. His head drops and a few seconds after, his body does the same.
    I didn't count. But I do rather good with aim. I force all my strength to my blade and take off 4 heads in a row as they circle me.
    I feel heat of breath against my neck and I turn. The wolves eyes glow gold before his head drops. As his body drops, she appears.
"I had it covered." I say in frustration.
"Whatever you say, angel." She puts her weapon away and heads over to the bar where the bar attender hides.
    I follow behind her. She sighs. She lifts the chin of the woman.
"Do you own this place?"
    I watch the woman's eyes dilate as if she's being compelled and I know that's exactly what she is doing to her.
"Yes."
"This place caught fire from a wire shortage in the speakers. Take insurance on this place. Sue the speaker company for the fire. Take the money and give back to the families that have lost a loved one."
   She nods slowly.
"Wait 10 minutes before leaving the back from the fire. Forget you saw any monsters of this night."
   The woman nods again.
   The demon rises and walks over to the giant speaker. She pours a beer out on the speaker and a spark instantly catches the curtain behind it on fire. She tears a piece off and lights it before throwing it on the monsters bodies.
   She smirks to me before morphing into a beautiful eagle. As she takes flight out of the bar by the door, I follow. I cloak myself and take flight after her. I follow... her..

Forbidden जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें