Chapter 14

-NINFA'S P.O.V-

    I'm shocked. Sekia is in my side and I'm not dead. I'm not bleeding. She protected me...
   I lift my shirt to look at it. There's nothing there. Not ever a scratch. But I felt a small sharp pain as it stabbed. But.. nothing.
   I look up. Her face turns a bright red and it's the most interesting thing ever. I've never seen her blush but I don't know why.. until I notice her eyes are mostly roaming my bare belly.
   I put my shirt down and brush myself off before taking her hand.
   I wanna show her Misty. I want to show her the Elder. I'm not sure why but I want to.
   I have to say my mind is foggy. Until I take her hand, that is. As we go in...
   The scene... is gross. I mean, I have seen humans reproduce, it was on accident though. But this. This..
    There are tables set with demon women... ones pregnant... ones not.
    But then there is.. like.. a spawner? Demons fall out of as if they're bred in a second.
   And as babies are born... and the worse part.. the worse part is.. they're demons...... and we have to do this.
    Her hand squeezes mine tightly before she drops the connection. I want to vomit to the sights. To the horror.
    You wouldn't think demons would have actual babies. And you wouldn't think the baby would actually have to grow, they do. A demon can leave their suit at any time and possess a human, like any other movies that show possession.
    Valerie stabs one pair of... breeders.. as their bodies.. are close. She stabs him through the heart and it goes straight through into the woman demons heart.
   The demons... so caught up in this lust.. they don't even notice.
   Valerie repeats this for all the tables. I take out all the demons on the sides.. waiting.. for their.. turn. As each head falls, my heart only races more and more.
   Somehow.. I see her eyes.. though invisible.. Her eyes fill with tears as she stabs the pregnant demon in the stomach, killing both the baby and the mother. Her eyes only grow more tears as she continues down the line of sleeping mothers waiting to give birth.
    I take down the last demon. All that is left... is the.. crying babies.. and.. children.
    She reveals herself and leans against the wall. "If there was a god. If there was a satan. None would have mercy on me." She whispers, I don't think she meant for me to hear.
   The cries stop. Time stops. Or slows. Before my eyes she is gone.
    As time resumes.. She stands in front of me. Her eyes are the darkest color but fill with tears.
"We have to go." She says as a fire grows behind her.
   I take her hand and blink out of the den. Her hand burns mine again. She pulls away as we're out of danger.
   I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do...
"Val.."
    She shakes her head. She takes flight and I go after her.
"Val.."
    She ignores me. I hate this. It hurts me. My heart hurts.
    She lands at a bar and goes in. I follow.
"Valerie? In for a drink?" The.. demon.. asks from behind the counter.
    I recognise the area as neutral territory.
"Who's your friend?"
"Ninfa, this is Cody. Cody, Ninfa."
    Cody smiles to me before turning back to Valerie.
"What's the drink of the night, babe?"
    I don't know why but it bothers. It bothers. For someone else.. to show affection towards her...
   She sits at the bar and I sit next to her. She won't look at me and it's hurting me worse.
"Devil spring."
"Strong stuff. Bad night?"
    Valerie doesn't respond. The second the drink is poured, she's got it downed.
"Just leave the bottle, Cody."
   She nods.
"Val?"..she only sighs heavily in response.
"Codes, I'm taking this."
"On house, babe." Cody says.
    Valerie takes the bottle and takes off. I follow her. And it doesn't take much time for her to land at her home... I.. follow.
   She ignores Joel. Only to throw the ear piece at him. She goes to her room and leaves me to Joel and Cheese.
"What happened?"
"Too many things. Too many bad things." I say and give Joel the ear piece.
   I blink to her room. She takes a long drink of the vodka.
"Please talk to me."
   She puts the bottle down and crawls into bed. I sit next to her...again.
"Please."
   She pulls me down and hugs me. Her hold on me tight.
"I know they were demons. But. It was wrong."
"You didn't have to do it alone."
"You're pure in so many ways, Ninfa. Being a child murder isn't a burden you should carry."
"I don't need your protection."
   Her skin begins to burn me again and I'm forced to pull back from the pain. Her eyes fill with tears.
"I just wanted to protect you from." She pauses. "This."
   She closes her eyes and sighs. "From me. Just go."
"I don't want to."
"You see my potential. Either be like that or be a infant murder."
"It's not your fault, Val."
   I kiss her cheek, ignoring the burn to my lips. As I pull back, she cries.
"Please let me hold you? If you don't want talk, let me hold you?"
"You should run. An angel and a demon are forbidden. You should run from me and I from you."
"I'm not leaving."
"It doesn't matter."
    I take a deep breath. "It does matter. And it's terrifying to me. I've never felt like this before. But here I am, knowing I'm in love with a demon.. and it's scary to know that you're a demon but it doesn't change how I see you. You're not dark. You're not evil. And.. I am ..in love.. with you.."
   Her eyes open quickly. A bright light shines in her beautiful rubies. My world is going in slow motion but I know it's not.
   My heart won't stop trying to beat out of my chest. I want her to say it back but I have a feeling she won't.
"You chose wrong, Ninfa."
    I was right. I sigh. "I didn't choose."
"I don't know what love is. But I have strong feelings for you."
"You don't have to say youre in love back. And I know you think that I deserve better. But no one is like you. No one. And... my heart.. wants you."
    Her hand takes mine. "Forgive me."
"For what?"
"Being a demon. Being a monster. There." She pauses. It sounds like she chokes. "were so, so many."
    I climb under her blankets. I pull her close to me and for a minute she burns me. As the burn fades, her face hides in my shoulder and neck.
"You're not like them."
    I feel like I am saying the right things. To make her feel better. To.. well.. But I don't know that. I don't know that for sure.
"You don't believe your own words."
    I sigh. "I want to know you. But you're closed up. I wouldn't know."
"I try to be better. I try to. I eat human food. Not human. I use my powers for protection. I did what I did to save you're purity. I did what I did.." I feel tears soak my shirt. "And it makes me a monster."
"Thank you..." it's all.. I can think to say.
    She's right. If I had.. to.. if I had to kill those things. If I had to stab the mother and her fetus. It would have broken me. I would have never been the same.
   The scenes from the night. From the gross...sex.. to the cries of the babies and children.. I just want this day to end.
   I lightly squeeze her. She flinched and it.. I wish I knew. I wish..
"You make me want to be better."
"You're good.. you have good in you."
    She laughs lightly. "And the worse of it all is.. my mind was so freaking out. Thinking of all these feelings. And in the moment you said you had slept with another. I felt wrong. I feel wrong now. Like I am taking you from them."
"I don't have another. If I did, I wouldn't be here. I do, however, have a friend. And she might like you."
    She pulls back. "No one likes me."
"I do. Quite a lot."
"I'm serious."
"So am I."
    I take a deep breath. "Why don't I bring her here now?"
"Not now. If you are to leave me, at least allow me this one hold."
"I'm not going to leave you, not like that anyway."
"What do you mean by that?"
"No place I would rather be than right here, with you in my arm."
"You don't mean that."
"Yeah, I do."
    She leans her head up. Her beautiful ruby eyes are just overtaken with the gloss from tears. I've never seen her like this... and I get the feeling that no one has. 
   I lean in and lightly kiss her forehead. As I pull back, she takes my lips in a kiss. My stomach does backflips to it.
   She taste sweet.. like the first time. A sweetness with a hint of what I would assume to be the vodka.
   Her eyes are so beautiful and for some... reason.. they look glowing. It's.. ..there are no words to explain.