Chapter 52

-NINFA'S P.O.V-

    That's not even right. Far from right...
    I'm staring at her in confusion.
"What?"
"You ate like 30 chicken nuggets."
"And?"
"I didn't think you would?"
"Remember that time you got like 200 nuggets? Of that I probably had 50. 50 or 60."
    She rubs her belly... the abs make my mouth water. "I'm not a fatty like Joel says I am, are I?"
    I shake my head. She leans over and kisses my cheek. I smile to it. I love how she's open with me now, more than ever.
"We have to go back tomorrow."
"We don't have to."
"We do. There's a thing called clothes. And I'm not wearing old dirty boxers to fight monsters of the night in."
"You could go commando."
"Boxers just keep me in some kind of cover other than my pants."
    I laugh to her.
    She shrugs. "Plus I really don't want my dick being chopped off because of ... Yeah."
"I got it. Don't worry."
    She climbs on top of me. Her hand grabs mine and kisses her rings on my finger.
"Why are you being sweet?"
"Am I?"
     I nod. She kisses the rings again and it makes me smile and blush.
"You're adorable when you blush."
"You're one to talk."
     Her hand drops mine and she covers her face.. "Nooooo."
"For being older than me, you act younger."
    She peaks her eyes through her fingers.
"You're so ridiculously cute that it's unreal."
   She falls over to the side and hides her face in the pillows she toppled to the side. I don't know why she's acting like this but it's adorable to all extent.
   I climb on top of her and poke her sides.
"Noooooo."
    This side of her. This side. It's precious.
    I tickle her sides and she giggles to it. Her giggles sound magical. Her smile is beautiful.
"Niinnffaa, noooo."
    I stop and instantly regret it. I'm pinned quickly.
"Hi..."
"You're an evil angel."
"Oh yeah. Definitely."
    She leans down and kisses my forehead. "You're not. You're everything that makes me light."
"You're silly and I love you."
"Probably not more than I love you."
"Agree to disagree, Val."
    She takes my lips in hers and I can't help but smile in the kiss. My hands wander on their own, sort of, and slowly rub up and down her back. The kiss turns to gentle to heated in a second and I throb to the thought of her touch.
    I lightly bite her lip. I like the sound of her breath catch in her throat to my actions. As I pull back.... Her eyes cover with lust.
"You're a tease, minx."
"It's not my fault."
"So biting me. That's not your fault?"
"Yes. I had no control over that."
     The bulge in her boxers lightly rubs against my stomach and it only makes my throb worse.
"You're a naughty minx."
"Not sure I know what you're talking about."
   She leans down and bites my ear gently. Everything in me wants her. All of her. All she can give and I want it now.
"Val.." I sort of moan out.
    The bulge against my stomach grows to it and it makes me crave her more.
"Is this what you want?" Her hips move and her bulge moves too.
"Maybe..."
"If not.." she whispers against my ear. "Then what is it you want?"
"This. You. Now."
    She pulls back and raises her eyebrow. "That so?"
"Please?"
"I don't think I could ever deny you."
    I trace my hand over dick through her boxers. A light gasp is earned from it.
    Ruined. All ruined. Ruined as Joel comes through the radio.
"Guys. I think you need to come back."
     Sekia glows by the radio. I look up to Valerie and see a tear shed and a fear in her eyes I hadn't seen before. I feel my heart rip out.
"It's okay, Valerie."
    She quickly gathers everything. Her work done so gitterie. So..
    I grab her hand and stop her. "We're in this together. Whatever this is. You're not alone anymore."
"I know. I..I just. It's had to understand for you. I can show you but you can't feel it. I don't want this."
   We teleport home in a second and she throws in the laundry before heading into the living room.
"Hey guys."
"Where?" Valerie cuts to the chase.
"Nowhere. My friend has searched high and low for him. His magic is here but he isn't."
"So he's in purgatory? The twilight zone? What?"
"Probably twilight."
"Can he get out?"
"He needs a few things before he can do that."
"Which are?" I pull Valerie in my arms.
"He has to have his physical body and his blood in this realm. Or a shit ton of demon power and witches."
"For what exactly?"
"A doorway. The doorway would be able to cross through the realms until he returns to this existence."
"And when you say his blood.."
     I notice the sword seem to glow stronger light. I.. I don't like this. She's protected, right? I gave her the ultimate protection like she did me.
"He needs his blood. And if his physical body is there with him.."
"I'm his blood. So he's after me."
    Everything in me hates this. I feel so useless. She doesn't deserve this.
"It would seem so."
"Sekia is bound to me. Once I got out of hell, I removed any trace of his controlling magic on her. The only thing she does is glow when he's near."
"I know. But doesn't mean he can't try other ways, Valerie."
"Val... it will be okay."
"I can't be sure of that." She turns o me quickly. "I need to get you somewhere safe. I know you're protected but I don't know how strong I am to him."
   I cup her face gently. I see some relaxation happen in her eyes but not much. And certainly not enough. My stomach hurts to see this... we were so happy..
"I'm not going anywhere. The safest place for me is with you."
"What if he finds a way to hurt you?" Her eyes fill with tears. "I can't lose you, Ninfa. I can't lose you."
"And you won't." I wipe the fallen tears.
    I drop my hands enough, hover to her height and pull her in a tight hug.
"This isn't fair for you to live through, Valerie. You aren't alone anymore. You have me. You have Joel. You have the Elder and you even have .."
"Me." Misty speaks up.
"You're not alone."
    She stays in the hug for a little while. I don't mind it because I love how warm she is. Her heart is in nothing but hurdles and jumps and skips and races to everything around us.
"The sword stopped." Joel brings to attention.
    Valerie stays in my arms but looks over.
"He must not have enough power."
"I wonder what could have drove him into the twilight zone."
"I'm not sure. There's still no sign of God either. If he's in there with Lucifer, I don't understand why but something behind this is much bigger than both of them."
    Valerie lightly squeezes me. "Let's shower then sleep for a bit?"
"Yeah, that would be nice."
    She carries me to our room and into the bathroom. I pull back and we undress. Her mind is absent and I hate it..
    I pull her close to me and kiss her cheek. "Listen to me, Valerie."
    Her eyes lock on mine. The ruby fills with a sadness I haven't ... I've never seen... I continue..
"There is nothing I wouldn't do for you. No place I would rather be. No one I would rather be with than you. You're my love, my wife and all my everything. I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to be with you forever, through whatever is thrown our way. If you want to end Lucifer, I will help you. If you just want to run away and hide, I won't let you because I know you're stronger than he is. Nothing can stand in our way, he will not ruin this love we have built. He doesn't own you and he won't own me. Just be with me. Stay calm. We will go through this the best we can."
   She pulls me into a hug. Her sigh is loud and deep. "I love you."
    It's the way she said it. The way the night took a uturn. The whole Lucifer thing... it all makes me sick to think about.
    The shower ends quickly and we climb into bed. I curl up on her and she holds me tightly. A hold as if I'm going to disappear if she lets go.
"It will be okay, Val."
"As long as you're protected and never harmed, I hope. I don't know how I would be if you ever got hurt because of me."
"Not going to happen. We're in this together."
"Promise? If I use too much power, promise you'll pull me back?"
"I always will. But we won't let it get to that."
"Can we go back to how it was earlier? When we were happy without a care in the world? Can we please go back to that?"
   I lean up and kiss her lips lightly. "I love you so much." I mumble against them lightly.
   I feel her smile against my lips and it makes my life complete to know I could make her smile. And her words only add to the racing of my heart.
"I love you too, Nin."