Chapter 5

-VALERIE'S P.O.V-

    Her eyes. Fucking beautiful. It's wrong. It's wrong. I shouldn't like the way her eyes glow.
    I take a deep breath and enjoy the flight. A light voice in my ear actually makes me smile and helps me pull from the fog in my mind.
"Couple blocks over, it looks like a mob is uprising."
"Street cams?"
"Yep. Another group from the other side of the street."
"Another head on head gang. Yay."
   I change direction and swoop down behind a fence. I take out my blade and charge myself. I take off about 4 heads in a second. A bright light catches my eye from the other side of the street at the other gang.
    I take off the last few guys head and run over to the other side. Time resumes and she becomes unfrozen. I groan loudly and pull Sekia away from her neck because I hadn't been able to see her pass the bright fucking light.
   She smiles widely, her perfect smile. ...a smile I wished for.. why is my heart fucking racing? I turn away quickly and busy myself with gathering the bodies. The neighborhood is abandoned which is good for no witnesses. And no dead humans this round, so I'm greatful.
   Her eyes burn me and I actually feel a sting. I hate the feeling of being watched.. hovered over.. like I am making a mistake.. or something. I just want to do my own thing.
"Why did you follow me, angel?"
"I.. I wanted to thank you."
"Didn't you do that already?"
"What's your name?"
"Aren't you straightforward?"
    Her questioning is slightly pissing me off.
"Trade a name for a name?"
    I set fire to one pile of bodies and work my way to the other groups. As I pile the bodies and ready for the fire she sighs loudly.
"Please?"
"You're really persistent, aren't you, angel?"
"It's Ninfa."
     I light the fire before I turn to look at her... at Ninfa.. Her eyes.. the halo glow behind the teal blue is just beautiful.
    A demons name is one to kept secret. One that if given out it can destroy a demon. Like an exersist in a way but not quite the same. It takes strength to banish... But still is possible.
    It's impossible for me because of who I am, yes, but I still have small fear for it. She did give me her name, I didn't agree to her terms but... it would be rude...
"Valerie."
     Something in her eyes shines brighter and she smiles. It sends my heart racing. I'm tempted to run with it. Run the fuck away.
   It takes me a moment to snap out of it.
"We can work together."
"No. You keep putting yourself in danger. I don't need to watch two backs. And you don't have proper weaponry."
"I could have if time wasn't slowed and froze me. And I do have a good weapon. Just because it's not Sekia, doesn't mean it doesn't do the job."
   I pull Sekia and lightly press it to her chest. Her skin burns to the blade and she hisses. The symbols on the blade glow as I speak.
"Tell me why you aren't afraid." I command and the sword does its job to compel her.
"You won't kill me."
"What makes you so sure?"
"A feeling."
    I roll my eyes and remove Sekia from her chest. Her skin noticeably heals quickly. She closes her eyes tightly for a moment and then opens them.
"That was powerful."
    I smirk. I flip the blade and offer it to her. She takes the handle and immediately drops it as it burned her hand. I laugh out to it.
"That's not fair."
"What were you to expect, angel?"
    I pick up Sekia and put her on my back.
"Ninfa."
    I find myself smiling before I morph. In a flash I'm in the air. I take a deep breath and feel free as the wind finds it's way between my feathers.
    Ninfa... such a beautiful name... such a bea... I stop myself.
    I sigh and continue my flight. My heart hurts more than usual. It happens from time to time but not exactly like this, it's different.
"Where are you?" Joel says.
"Not sure. A town square."
"Should be 5 police cars. Woman and children being kept in the basement. I just picked up that they're about to go in."
"Shit. Is it not human?"
"Think it's another vampire."
    I swoop down and charge myself fast. I whisper a compel to each cop quickly. "Leave. Nothing happened here. Delete any evidence you ever drove out here." And each one agreed as time resumed.
   A loud scream comes from the house and I quickly run down. Taking Sekia out and beheading each vampire as they comes in view. I groan loudly as I see Ninfa being pinned by a vampire.
   I pull him back and take his head off. As his body drops, I notice her cheeks turn light shades of pink into a red to ..how close I am to her. She picks her sword off the ground as I step away.
   I crouch and speak to the women and children. One thing I love is how I speak english, yet with my powers, they hear it in their tongue.
"You were wondering. You got lost. You do not know where you are but go to the police. You do not know this location. You do not know any monsters or know of their existence. You will be okay. Leave now, forget anything that has happened to you related to this particular situation."
   They all nod. Each one leaves one by one. As I gather the bodies, Ninfa helps.
    My sword is drawn, I hear a loud hiss but feel the blade stab through my chest. I drop to my knees. I'm in a complete daze. A head rolls pass my hand.
"VALERIE.." I hear her voice yell loudly... But seems muffled.
   I feel.. My heart.. the beats.. slow.
"What do I do?" Her voice wavers.. she's crying? I can't tell.
"Pull it out." I choke out with a cough of blood.
     A hear a cry of pain as the blade is pulled from me. The sword is put in holster and she grabs me. She hurt herself to help me.
    I wouldn't have died. Just remained in a pain until someone would stumble across me and help me. But that might have taken forever...if Joel or Cheese couldn't have done it.
     She carries me halfway up the stairs before she starts the fire. She's a lot stronger than she looks. Her arms.. feel.. wrong.. around me.
   My stomach turns itself in knots as a flash sends me to the front yard. Her arms feel warm... almost hot.. she's burning me.
   It's as if her touch is like what Sekia is to others. Her touch burns me because... I don't want her.. to touch me. I don't want anyone to touch me.
   I've always hated being touched or messed with. It's why I stay away from everyone. It must be me... I hold powers that sometimes I don't know I possess.. powers that have come in handy so I am not to complain.
   I force myself to drop out of her arms. The sting stops. Her eyes look to me and I look into them.
   The beautiful.. teal... halo.. line with so much worry.
"Are you okay?"
    I wipe my mouth from the blood. I nod to her slowly. "I'll be fine."
    The sun begins to rise in the distance and the night's work is over. For now, the fight rests here anyway. I sigh and raise my hand to my ear.
"Joel, I'm down."
    Ninfa looks at me confused. She wouldn't know I'm talking to someone but she catches on after a moment.
   I have to look away from her.. Her eyes.. they only make me feel weak.
"What happened?"
"Jumped from behind. Sekia through heart."
   I look down at my hand that's covered with my own blood. I can still feel my chest bleed, I put pressure on it again. A little pointless because I feel blood stream down my back.
"Can you fly?"
"I can try."
    This shit wouldn't happen. Sekia doesn't hurt me...unless..  She only hurts me if she's through the heart and even this way, I don't die. Just deal with an annoyance of pain.
   I close my eyes and morph. I take to the skies. Or try to. The pain from moving myself is great and I fall down faster than I could fly.
   Arms catch me as I return to ground. I morph back and drop to the ground.
"Where do you live?"
"Wouldn't you like to know."
"Who is that?" Joel asks.
"The angel."
"She flies, moron. Use her."
"Damn it." I take a deep breath.
"You have no other choice."
"Where the fuck is Cheese? Why can't you come and get me?"
"Cheese is in silence because she's in a den. You know that. I have work to keep your ass of the fucking radar."
    I look up, into Ninfa's eyes...
"Just tell me where."
     I tell her. She lifts me. In another flash and we're home.
     My head spins quickly to it. Ignoring the burn from her skin touching mine enough, I feel myself slip. Slip out of it all.