Chapter 6

-NINFA'S P.O.V-

    The place is interesting. Very human style. Much like my own, actually.
"You must be the angel." A man with dull grey eyes comes up to me and takes Valerie from my arms.
"Ninfa."
    I follow him into a room in the back with a giant bed. Not much as a decor. It's an interesting choice of style.
"I'm Joel." He sighs. "How did this happen?"
    My energy is on a major low. I didn't expect a blink half way across the world would tire me so. I answer him the best I am.
"We were doing the house with vampires. I didn't hear it, neither did she. One came out of the shadows and took her sword from her and then stabbed straight through her chest."
"Who pulled the sword?"
"I did."
    He rolls her on her side before ripping her shirt off along with her bra...... In an instant... she's bare.. and... beautiful... I close my eyes and look away.
"Thank you."
    Dizziness takes me over and I collapse.
"Are you okay?"
"I..I'm fine." I weakly get out before I pass out.

     The blade is thrusted into her back and through her chest. Fear takes me over suddenly and I act without a moments pass. I hear myself scream to her.
    I don't know why I feel so sad. So ...hurt. She saved me again and because of me she got hurt.
   To her say, I take Sekia from her and yell out to the pain as the sword burns me. I manage to put her away before picking Valerie up. The pain in my hand fades but another one grows to the feel of her arms.
   She's burning me. Her skin is like acid, even though she's soft.. I ignore the pain to get her to safety as I start the fire. As I blink out...when she forces her way out of my arms.. I feel an overwhelming sadness.
   What the hell is wrong with me? What the hell is wrong with me? It's all in my head.

    I wake up to yelling. A lot of yelling. I'm wrapped in soft comforters and in a strange place.
    The night replays in my mind and I realise I'm in her bed.
"What the fuck is wrong with you, Joel?" I listen to their yelling.
"She passed out."
"You could have brought her to the couch."
"You finally bedded a girl, Valerie."
"GIRL. She's an angel you dumbfuck. It's forbidden."
    I get up and walk to the door, listening to them.
"I've slept with plenty of angels, and it always was great."
"She's a literal angel. And you know damn well I didn't sleep with her."
    I feel my cheeks heat up. The thought of her bare chest.. too beautiful for a demon and is forbidden for sure.
"I would have moved her. But it was her that could have left. But she stayed for you."
    I hear footsteps walk towards and her voice is closer than before.
"Whatever."
    I grab my sword and gun and blink to home. The pass into heavens realm makes my head hurt. All of this makes my head hurt.
    He was right. I could have left. And I should have.
    I offered my help in the war. I followed her. I saved her.
    I'm going against all that written in stone. What the hell is wrong with me?
    The Elder eyes lock on mine the second I come into view.
"I thou.." he pauses. "Is that your blood?"
"No, no. I'm okay."
    I think I am... not. I'm not okay.
"Where were you?"
"I ran into the demon again. She saved me again. And then.. I sort of saved her."
"You did what?" His eyes widen.
"I saved her."
     My heart races... fast. Very fast.
"She couldn't fly. So I helped her home. The blink, I passed out. I woke up. In her bed." I speak out quickly.
    His mouth drops to my words. I lower my head. ...the worse part ..her bed.. felt better than mine.
"Why did you help a demon?"
"She's different."
"She's not. She is a demon. The daughter of Lucifer. She's evil."
"She's different. She helps humans. She helped me. She's different."
"If your father was here."
    I shake my head and feel rage. "But he's not. And no one cares about rules. I helped a demon. I don't regret it."
    He stands at his height and pulls me into a hug. It really shocks me. I don't understand why he is hugging me...
"You're better than your father. A man whoms heart wouldn't forgive his son. Now both are missing. You stand here, helping in a war to protect but found it in your heart to help the ones who we are suppose to kill."
"What does my heart have to do with it? She didn't kill me, saved me. It's only right to do the same in return."
    He laughs and pulls from the hug.
"What?"
"You're blind, child."
"What are you talking about, Elder?"
"Go rest. You still have a battle to fight."
    I in confusion sigh. I bow before leaving. I don't understand.
    I take a shower. Her blood mixes with the water as it goes down the drain. The wonder if she is okay is strong.
    I get out and get dressed. I sigh. I need to know.
    I cloak myself before blinking to her place. The penthouse is quiet. I sneak to her room.
    She sleeps.. so beautifully.. as she turns I hold my breath.
"Why are you here, angel?"
     My heart races faster than I've ever felt.
"I know you're here."
"I wanted to see if you were okay."
"Where are you?"
    Though I know I'm in a red blush, I allow her to see me.
     Her eyes lock with mine and somehow my heart pounds faster. Her beautiful ruby eyes...
"You don't need to check on me. I said I would be fine." She sits up.
     I can't help the memory of her bare flash before me. I look away from her.
"I just needed to be sure."
      She sighs and I look up. Her eyes catch mine again.
"Thank you, Ninfa."
"Returning the favor."
    She smiles. Her smile... My heart is doing too many marathons at once. I can't take it anymore.
"See you around, Valerie."
    I quickly blink to my room again. I fall into my bed. It feels almost hard and uncomfortable.
   Misty climbs on the bed again and I allow it. She lightly headbutts me and I scratch behind her ear.
"I think I'm in over my head with this war."
    I enjoy how she knows her way. She shakes her head from side to side and her purr grows. Misty is probably the best friend I have ever had. And that's saying a lot because I've had like no friends over a thousand years.
    I fall asleep to her warm fur and softness. Just rest for a while. That's all I need... just sleep.

    Her eyes. Her ruby eyes. Her ruby eyes.
    Her black hair done in a perfect curl. Her light and fair skin.. Her lips as she smiles..

    I wake up in a cold sweat. Misty is gone and I'm alone. I get up and quickly get dressed.
    Another fight, somewhere in the world. I skip talking to the Elder and just leave with a wave. I don't want to deal with disappointment..
    I drop out of heaven and into the night. All I can really do is listen for prayers and that's what I do. They're good for something.
    I fly down to where I hear the prayer but see nothing on the surface. I look left, nothing. I look right and there is an enterance to a subway.
    The moment I step into the underground station.. My heart sinks. Over 50 humans were spread.
    The train was crashed, flickering lights. I can see a dead driver. It's a true blood bath.
   The monsters were a sort of reptile. I can't be sure what exactly they were but I'm quick to attack. My blade rips into it's flesh but doesn't cut deep enough. The others begin to surround me.
   I quickly stab its heart. As I pull back, I draw my gun and headshot another one. Something makes me smile as she comes into view.
   I take out another monster with a headshot and stab a heart of another. It's insane how many there are. It's like they all grouped for this.
   Valerie comes from behind and takes off multiple heads with a swing. A reptile sneaks up behind her and I aim for it with my gun. Her eyes lock with mine for a moment, a slight fear in her rubies makes my stomach cringe.
   I pull the trigger and her eyes close. The reptile drops behind her. I take out the last one with a shot.
    I walk over to her. Her eyes still closed.. she's so beautiful..