Chapter 56

-NINFA'S P.O.V-

   It's bad. It's cold bad. I made a mistake.
"It's not cold."
"YES IT FUCKING IS."
    I climb out and stand by the fire.
"Why do I ever let you talk me into swimming in there?"
"Because.. I think you love me. I'm not sure."
     I feel like ice is literally in my veins. I want to stand in the fire but it would burn me. And. Well, obviously you don't stand in a fire or touch a fire.... common sense.
"Babe. It's 80. The water is a good 70. It's not cold."
"Agree to disagree cause I beg to differ."
"As you wish."
    She climbs out and I admire her beauty.
"You're staring." She rubs the back of her neck.
"Yep. But you're mine to stare at so, I don't need a reason."
    She clearly blushes. "Uhhuh."
"I'm cold."
"I'm sorry. We can leave if you want to?"
"Or we can cuddle by the fire."
"I guess that could work." She smiles to me.
   She takes my hand and drags me to our laying down spot. Between her body heat and the fire, I start to warm up. It feels nice again.
    No matter the temperature of the water, or outside, that water is freezing. Or makes me cold. It feels like ice to me.
    She loves it though. Maybe it has to do with being in a hot dungeon all her life that she loves the cold. She loves water though I thought maybe she would be afraid because of her drowning dream. Drowning experiences.
    I always feel a hidden bad. Hidden from her for good reasons. She doesn't need to know I feel so terrible for how she was raised and kept.
   She enjoys life now. And with me, I help. I take away her nightmares when I notice then start. I make sure she stays happy and I'm happy with her.
   She's free with me. Literally free. She is who she is and it's a happy Valerie compared to the ones from her dreams. Or the Valerie from the first time we met.
    She kisses my forehead. "What are you thinking about, Love?"
"You, Val. Thinking about you."
"Are they ill thoughts? Have I done something wrong? I'm sorry..."
    I laugh to her. She's so worrisome that she may do something wrong but she's only lied to me once. Never looks at other people like she does me, I know she'd never cheat. Never makes me upset by anything she says or does.  Does everything to keep me happy. She is perfect.
"You are perfect."
    She opens her mouth to speak.
"Don't you deny it." I quickly add.
"Fine. All I can say is I try."
"Though you don't need to."
    She kisses my cheek and it makes me smile. I love this woman more than anything. 2 years and a little more and I've never loved anyone more.
    I poke her side and she groans instantly. "NO."
"Why?"
"Because."
   I climb on top of her and poke both sides.
"Noooooo."
"You're no fun."
"Poking my sides is not what you call fun. Or tickling."
"To me it is. I like your laughs and giggles."
    Her hands come to my sides and starts to tickle. The rolls have been reversed and I'm the one in giggles. She's so sneaky and sometimes it's noticable but sometimes I can't catch it.
    I'm on my back, flipped over and giggling to the tickling. It's so annoying but I can't stop laughing. I can't stop and my sides are hurting from laughing.
"Please." I get out.
   She leans down and kisses my forehead. Her hands cup my cheeks for a moment before she lightly kisses my lips... But doesn't allow me to kiss back.
"I hate that."
"Now you know how I feel when you do it."
"I can't help it. We are like in the middle of battle and things and I can't kiss my wife while saving humans."
"Yeah, yeah. Agree that we both hate it."
"So come here."
    She laughs to me. "You ask like that?"
"I didn't ask."
    She face turns a deep shade of red. I love being able to make her blush. It's cute.
    It takes a little less than a second before her lips touch mine and I'm given the chance to kiss back. I do kiss back... But make it slow to tease her. I enjoy teasing her.
    But being so cold. Plus swimming. Plus being cold. I'm tired.
    The kiss parts and she knows.
"How about we take a nap? Head home when we wake and then head out for the night?"
"That sounds like a good plan."
    Her warmth feels so nice on me. And the small weight that she is does too. "Please stay like this?"
"Sure. Whatever my love wishes, I will do all in my power to do."
    She kisses my cheek before she lays down. I hold her tightly and she nuzzles close to me. I start to fall asleep to the wildlife around us.
"I love you, Val."
    She's too far gone but manages to get a soft "hm.." out. I think she meant to say it back, I know she wanted to but already gone. I slip too. To sleep.

    She kisses my forehead and I wake to it. As I open my eyes she smiles. But for a second my heart races.
    Sekia driven through her heart and a power surge radiates through her. As if Sekia was drawing extra power from something.
"Val..."
    Her eyes close and I no longer see her breathing.
"Valerie.."
    The sword withdraws and she falls off to the side. I see a man who has small resemblances to her. Lucifer.
    She can't die. She can't. I protected her. She had my protection.
"Hello, Ninfa." His cocky grin. The one I've seen in her dreams so many times.
"Val...." my heart in thunders as I look to her lifelessness..."Val.."

"Nin."
    Warm hands cup my cheeks and I wake to the touch. My heart races quickly and I blink us home.
    She looks around confused.
"Nin?"
"I had a bad dream."
"Of?"
"Lucifer. Somehow. I don't know. He.. He killed.. he killed you. You woke me up and then he killed you. I thought I protected you. I know I did. It's impossible. He killed you with Sekia. I'm just. I'm just..."
"Ninfa, calm down. It's okay. We're okay. I'm okay."
    She kisses my forehead and teleport us back. She climbs off of me and starts gathering our things.
"This space is protected. Nothing but you and I are allowed in this space. This island is protected. Other than the wildlife, no other being is allowed to enter other than us, Ninfa. Even through purgatory or twilight zone."
   I nod slowly and start gathering the rest of our things. "It was just a bad dream. A really bad dream."
"Hm." She kisses my temple and it feels like the scare and worry from the dream are taken away. How she had taken those from me, I have no clue.
"It was just a dream, love. Just a dream."
    I sigh. "Just a dream."
"I will fight for us if it comes down to it. If he comes to us, I will kill him before he has a chance to harm you. With my spell, you are bound to my life force and more. With my spell, I need to die before you can. And the world. This world has to completely die before you can. And it is far from that."
    With the fear taken away, I feel much better. But I hate that dream. I hate the thought of her leaving me to death.
"It just scared me."
    She holds up Sekia. "She may be a strong blade but she couldn't kill me even before your protection spell."
"There was something added to it. It was glowing. It was drawing power from him."
"Lucifer is strong, yes. But there is no way he would gain any more power other than to kill your father."
"Which would be impossible because God had created him. God knows his powers and made sure they were less than his own for a purpose. And then Lucifer tried to gain more powers, which he did but not much. And that's when he was banished to hell... And you know the rest."
    She nods to me. I sigh. "I just got scared. I can't lose you, Valerie."
"And you won't."
    We leave the island and head home. It seems like once everything is put away I'm swept into her arms. I wrap my arms around behind her neck and legs around her waist.
"Dare to check the living room?"
"Not really but I don't think we have a choice."
"Unfortunately. At least it's out of love?"
   I cringe and so does she. I mean. I'm use to her being male. But to think of another males parts. Or another sexual encounter that isn't our own is just weird.
    She kisses my cheek. "Let's start this adventure?"
    I laugh lightly and then she starts walking. The living room looks strange. The lamp is gone. Along with a table?
"Hey.." Joel says and blushes.
"Hey."
"So."
"The humans are investigating Denver and the Vatican."
"Do they have anything?"
"Nothing. But they can't find out why it happened and they're searching."
"There nothing we can really do other than try and make sure it doesn't happen elsewhere."
    Valerie spins around quickly and makes a confused face. "Where's my table?"
"In my defense, it was Luke's fault."
   I feel her cringe but I hold the laugh.
"That was .."
"I'm sorry. I know. I know you worked hard on it. I'll replace it. Somehow." Joel says quickly and he turns more shades of red..
   If I could laugh I would. But I won't cause it seems wrong... But it's funny..
"Don't sweat it. Got work on radar for us?"
    He nods and holds out the ear pieces. "I'll tell you once you're flying."
"Gotcha." Valerie takes then and runs out on the balcony. In a second she just jumps. No wings. I trust her but I hate when she does this.
    She shows her wings and stops us from hitting the ground, though her toes literally are about an inch away. It's so annoying she does this. I don't fear heights, obviously. But damn. Just damn.
"You don't have to carry me."
"But I want to." She says and squishes me lightly.
"But we have work."
"And we will. But let me hold you til then?"
    I kiss her cheek. "Sure."
"So. Luke just called. There's a den thingy that his men found. And it's like a hive."
"Specific monster?"
"No. It's a bunch of differents. He said demon, giants, imps, goblins and a few others."
"Where?"