Chapter 11

-VALERIE'S P.O.V-

     I am swallowed in a vortex and my head aches. I'm glad I finished killing the demons before I was summoned. It's all dark around me at first but I see again.
    My heart races quickly and my stomach turns in knots. I feel her presence... I look over in the corner and see her.
   I don't understand how I can see her. How I can see her when she's invisible. But I'm looking into her teal eyes. They've lost their darkness that they held from the last we spoke.
   They line with worry. Pain. Regret. Many things, many things her eyes show.
   I'm lifted from the ground. I know it's pointless to really struggle.
"Weak."
    I'm trapped again. In a place I don't want to be. And she can see.
    I feel a tear fall and instantly feel shame. I can't stop my glare into her eyes though. A power takes over me and I smirk to her.
    I take a deep breath and close my eyes. With my mind I take Sekia out. I open my eyes to gasps.
"You said there couldn't be magic used."
    I find myself laughing to them. Their faces of shock and fear are funny. I feel all emotions drained as I force my power to surface.
    My heart stops it's beating and I'm cold. I smile as I use my strength to stab each in the heart. As they fall, I laugh to it all. I drop to the ground and land on my feet. Sekia is returned to my back.
   Ninfa comes from behind the shadows and reveals herself to me.
"Enjoy the show, angel?"
    Her face fills with shock.
"Anyway. These humans were homeless. Forgotten about by their loved ones. Burn the house and the witches."
    She freezes. Her face is priceless. The shock. But her eyes show pain. I almost feel sorry. Almost.
"Valerie?"
"Lucifer's spawn, angel." I smirk and take flightmaster.
   I navigate myself out of the house and into the skies. I know she follows and it's annoying. I roll my eyes and continue my flight home as the sun rises in the horizon.
    It doesn't take me long to make it home and I'll be honest, it feels great to fly. The wind beneath my feathers as I catch the currents. It always makes me feel better..
    Though, I do enjoy the feeling of feeling nothing at all. But when I use my power with a such intensity, I lose who I am, mostly. But I like being cold.. 
    I land in the balcony and head inside after taking form again.
"What happened?" Joel asks worried.
"I was called. Trapped in a place where I wasn't to use my powers. Need less to say, I got out." I smile.
   I roll my eyes. "Also, the angel decided to tag along on my fly home." I say as she lands and walks inside.
"Hey Ninfa."
    I turn around and smirk. "And goodbye, angel." I wave to her and walk off to the kitchen.
   I'm so hungry. I always get so hungry. I groan to the empty fridge. "Joel, don't you ever go shopping?"
"No. Cheese's job."
"Hm. Might need to have a talk to her."
"Not when you're like this."
    I smile to him. "I'm going out to get something to eat. You can enjoy dealing with the angel."
    Her eyes catch mine and all I can do is smirk. It's so fun messing with people with I'm emotionless.
"Bye, God's spawn."
   I take flightmaster again and take off.
   I want some damn chicken nuggets. Nuggets and fries. I can feel my stomach growls to the thought.
   I circle down and land before shifting to self. I go in the restaurant and order. Humans cannot see Sekia on my body, which is good cause I wouldn't be able to get anything because I always have my blade.
   I step up to the counter and order. As she grabs my food, she tries to make me pay. I smile to her.
"I already paid." I compel her.
    She hands me my food and I walk out. I jump to the roof and sit on the edge and begin eating. As I'm eating I feel eyes burn me and I only laugh.
"You're rather annoying, angel."
"What happened to you?"
"I would say life. That seems about right." I take a drink and continue eating.
"No. What happened?"
   She makes herself seen and floats in front of me. I smirk. "Nothing happened."
    I take another bite and she continues her annoying stare..
"You're different."
"No." I hold my hand out in a stop motion. "I'm me, angel. You're funny to have thought you knew me."
"Valerie..." Her eyes grow a lighter teal with sadness.
"Don't you have better places to be?"
   I take another bite and ignore her stares.
"No."
"Hm." I pull Sekia out and press it to her chest.
   She hisses to the burn of the blade to her flesh.
"Why are you here?"
    Sekia glows bright and does her job.
"I'm sorry."
"You have nothing to be sorry for, angel. I don't care. No worries." I smile to her. "Why are you here?"
"I care."
"Hm. Too bad. Why else?"
"I'm worried about you."
"Aw. So thoughtful." I pretend to care. "But it's pointless to worry. I'm a damned soul. Lucifer's spawn, I believe you had put it."
"I'm sorry."
    I laugh. "Go home, angel."
    I pull Sekia away. Her chest heals quickly. It takes her a moment to come from the fog of Sekia's power... our power.
"Why do you hate me?"
"I hate no one. I love no one. I was never taught either of those, so, this is me." I hold my arms out in the air and present myself to her.
"I don't believe you."
"And I don't care." I smirk.
   I finish my drink. In a second I take flight and she, of course, follows. Though I wish she wouldnt, she isn't one to give up.
   As I make it home again, she lands with me. Joel sits on the couch with an elf. I notice by his ears...
"Hey, Valerie. I want you to meet Luke."
   I nod to him. "Nice to meet you." I try to sound like I care for Joel's sake.
   I smile. "Going to bed. See you losers tomorrow." I turn to Ninfa. "Go home, angel. You have no place here."
   I go to my room and strip down to my comfort of boxers and a sportsbra I feel eyes on me. I sigh loudly. "You're a peeping Tom."
"I am not."
    I laugh loudly and climb into my bed. As I lay down, she sits next to me.
"This seems familiar." I say as I get more comfortable..
"I am sorry."
"And I really don't care."
"Well. When you do care again.."
"Probably never. Don't hold your breath, angel." I interupt her.
"When you do care, know that I do care for you."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. You already said that bullshit. I don't believe you. I also don't care. Which I have said a million times."
   Her hand grabs mine and it burns, I growl and pull back. "Don't touch me."
"When you care.." she says and disappears.
   I laugh into my pillow. Such a foolish fool. Why would an angel care for a demon? Why should a demon care for an angel?
   Sure I saved her life. Many times. But it doesn't mean anything.
   I nuzzle my face into my soft pillows. I smile as sleep takes me over. A beautiful sleep.

    I wake to a loud bang on my door. I assume it's Joel..
"Valerie. There's a mob fight. Giants are making an uprise." Joel says.
   I guessed right. I get up and get dressed. As I walk out, his boyfriend? thingy is still here.
   He says his hellos and I try to be nice. Try. Joel catches on.
"I'll direct you."
"Yep."
    I put in the ear piece, take Sekia and leave. The wind makes me feel free. I remember when I first found my power.
    It was strange. I wished I could fly and I did. I wished I could be tall and I did. I wished for freedom and here I am, flying.
    If I wanted to, I can be a man. If I wanted to, I could just have wings instead of becoming the actual bird. But that's if I wanted to. I enjoy being me and flying like this makes me feel free.
    I swoop down on a house and scope out the scene. It seems I'm not alone. She's relentless.
    I watch Ninfa take two giants down before one grabs her. He holds her by the neck and Ninfa struggles. She seems to get in trouble a lot.
    I wonder why when she's in trouble she doesn't blink? I mean, I can teleport too but choose not to because I enjoy flying. But she gets herself in danger a lot and yet doesn't get herself out by a simple blink.
   Her struggling slowly grows weaker and her body moves less and less as the moments go on. I morph myself but give myself wings. I take Sekia out and fly to Ninfa.
"One of these times, I won't be here to save you." I smirk.
   I drive Sekia into the base of the giants neck. He chokes and his eyes flicker as he dies. Ninfa drops to the ground.
"Hm. Angel down." I laugh out.
    I search around for the others and they're tearing into people's homes. Screams take over and I shrug. They don't deserve this though.
   I supercharge myself and take action. Every thing stops, almost. They move so slow, it's as if time did stop but I know it hasnt.
    Within, I'd say.. A minute? I have each giant killed and body dragged out into a giant pile.
   But my job isn't over.
   I run and whisper into each ear of the whole street. All the witnesses. 'Just an earthquake. It was a freak accident. You never saw anything happen, only felt your home shake and seen it be damaged by the shaking.'
    I learned to compel from Joel. I eventually befriended him... But it's whatever.
    I return to the pile of bodies and set a fire. As the time resumes the fire grows quickly. Now to explain the massive fire...
   I turn to the powerpole and use my mind to blow it. The tree catches fire next to it. I smile. Everything's covered.
"Valerie?"
"Except that." I groan and turn around.
"What?"
"Why did you save me?"
"I know you wouldn't have died, honestly. But because no one deserves to die. Or feel a death."
"Thank you."
"Mhm."
    I take flight again and head home. Home to sleep. I've been awfully tired. Been using a lot of power lately. Draining me.
    I sigh and enjoy the flight home. The wind. It makes me smile.