6. Fuck make up.

EDITED

Frankie didn't move from her seat, it was like her ass was glued to the dusty old cold chair.

It wasn't that she was intimidated around  Matty, she didn't really care about him or his music or whatever wholesome bullshit he stand for. Matty Healy was just some asshole with money and a narcissistic personality that liked to wear tight skinny jeans and overpriced flower blouses. 

That wasn't the problem: he wasn't the first wine drinking, pretty boy in skinny jeans she knew so the whole pretentious vibe and grandiose attitude didn't impress her.

The only problem here was that she didn't  know shit about makeup, she had no idea how to use it. Sure she liked to hop on the train of emo eyeliner every once in a while but that was just rubbing black stuff around your eyes, this was something different.

Frankie got up from the chair and let out a shaky breath cleaning her sweaty palms on the back of her shorts, walking up to the table where brushes, pigments, lipsticks and mirrors were placed.

She took the pictures that was laying next to the brushes and studied them, "It couldn't be that hard" she thought: Blue eye shadow on the lid, a copper color on the bottom lash line  and red lipstick.

It was easy, simple and she could and would pull it off. Her 150 pound jacket depended on it.

"I didn't know that they hired preteens now."

Frankie never saw the door opening nor she heard the boy's soft footsteps walking towards her. Saying she almost had a heart attack wouldn't be that far from reality. Frankie felt like her heart was going to burst from her rib cage. 

"or did you just loved me so much that you somehow sneaked in?"

That's when she snapped out of her almost heart attack, she found it hilarious that this guy for some reason thought she was  just some groupie waiting for him to show the tiniest interest.

"Oh don't flatter yourself old man" - Frankie said letting out a breathy laugh looking into his face. This was the first time she actually saw his chocolate eyes and for some reason they looked different without the veil of alcohol and the dim light of Denise's house at 12:30pm. 

It felt funny being next to him she felt almost as she didn't deserve it. She bet some girl would literally die to be next to this guy at this very second and would probably cut her right ear just to do his make up.

Frankie knew that the band had quite the fan base. Louis talked about it all the time and once she ear-dropped a conversation were he stated how crazy they were as she was walking through the halls trying to get to Lit class on time.

"So you're doing my makeup today? I didn't know that this was an after school activity" Matty said walking closer to the table examining the items and sitting right on top of the furniture without a care in the world.

"It isn't" She said rolling her eyes. Frankie wasn't going to say that James asked her to do it as a favor, she didn't want to explain their weird relationship to anyone. "I needed the cash and its easy money " she finally said shrugging her arms. Matthew nodded, almost as if he was trying to taste each and every one  of the words that were coming from her, "He was stoned." she thought.

"Well it's not that easy considering I have to make you look somewhat decent. " She said looking into his eyes, he wasn't a Greek god: he had crooked teeth, uneven skin and tired looking eyes decorated by purple bags around them. "Fuck off I'm like super hot" he said joking

"Yeah you are, the whole leather pants and blue eye shadow scream manliness" she said starting to pick up products that she most likely would need.

"I never said I was manly" Matty was right he didn't say that and Frankie was foolish to think that manly equals attractive but then again she always neglected things when she knew she was wrong. "Just sit don't" she said motioning to the chair too flustered to continue the conversation.

"I don't feel like it" he groaned picking up things from the table that looked funny for both him and her. "You mind if I ?" He asked taking a bag of weed from the pocket of his jacket and showing it to her  asking her for permission (which was something that both him and her knew he didn't care about).

Before she even got the chance to say anything Matty took his jacket off and started  doing a joint with experienced fingers.

"Not at all, as long as I can have some" Frankie said not because her opinion mattered, she knew it didn't matter to him, he just said that trying to be polite but she did in fact wanted some. She felt like she needed a shit ton of weed to get through this day.

"I didn't take you from the stoner type" he said tilting his head to the right looking at her up and down trying to find something that gave some type of clue of what type of girl she was.

In honesty Matty was very experience in that area, with his type of work girls were a constant. He knew them all and how to make them twirl around his finger: the tall models with addiction issues, the 15-year-old virgins with knee sock that stayed after the shows, the good school girls that deep down wanted a bad boy because of daddy issues, he had a master in all of the spectrum but still for some reason he couldn't figure her out.

"What type did you take me for?"

"Acid on bathrooms type" Matty said with a cheeky grin, of course Louis told him about it he was too far up his brother's ass.

"Yeahh that sounds like my after school activity" she said thinking about that Thursday afternoon and how the cold tides felt on her bare thighs, Frankie thought of the abstract figures she saw on the ceiling and Amber's hands trying to pick her up in that state.

"Here" Matty said handling the now lit joint with warm hands, the joint was exceptionally well-made and the weed was strong wrapping her in a state of calmness.

"I  didn't  take you for the "I give drugs to minors " type" the blonde said exhaling the fumes that were in her body moments ago.
"Weed's barely a drug" Matty said rolling his eyes.

"Just sit down" Frankie exclaimed crossing her arms wanting to get the whole thing to be over, she just wanted to get her money. "Ok Jesus " he said his arms up in defeat knowing that it was probably getting late for both him and her not that he cared of course, he was known for being fashionably late.

She started by applying concealer in his purple bags but then decided to fade it out into his face because for some reason he looked weird without them. The eye shadow came up next as she carefully traced a trail of blue shimmery pigment in his eyelids trying to be delicate and not poke him in the eye.

"You're really good at this" he mumbled after a while of calm silence, he was enjoying the whole experience. He had done makeup before but this felt quite different- with her warm hands on his skin and a concentrating look on Frankie's face he felt somewhat safe.

"You think so ? I have no idea what I'm doing" she cracked up a smile motioning for him to look up adding a reddish almost copper like  type of shadow on his lash line.

"Well you're good at hiding that." Matty said fighting the urge to scratch his face deciding on grabbing his hands together picking at his already bleeding fingernails.

"Thanks I guess" she whispered too concentrated into her work trying not to leave the poor guy blind because even though she still thought he was a prick he wouldn't be able to write cryptic tweets without both eyes.

"I though every girl knew about makeup" he furrowed his eyebrows.  "Well you should probably know about not generalizing a gender" she said rolling her eyes for what felt like the 10th time after his arrival.

"Touche" he said still looking up the light hurting his eyes, Frankie gave him a break to close them not wanting him to start tearing up. When he finally opened them he looked at her for what felt like an eternity and finally after what felt like hours staring he said:

"You have a beautiful pair of eyes."